Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) CG Harlond Beverly to Miami

27 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Huh? Plenty of freshmen dont look lost. Tell that to Duke.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yes Bailey, Zion Williamson and RJ Barrett do not look lost. Pretty sure that if Rob Phinissee was dishing passes to Zion he'd look pretty darn good doing so.

Real live human players, not freakazoids like Zion, take a little while longer.

Haha, I ️ this site.

There’s no doubt we need help on the perimeter. If Beverly has the right attitude and fits I’d welcome his addition. He won’t help with experience but could be a big upgrade in attitude. If he does choose to be a Hoosier I’d like to see Al take him under his wing for his final two seasons.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Haha, I ️ this site.

There’s no doubt we need help on the perimeter. If Beverly has the right attitude and fits I’d welcome his addition. He won’t help with experience but could be a big upgrade in attitude. If he does choose to be a Hoosier I’d like to see Al take him under his wing for his final two seasons.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
Obviously we need guards. Durham and Rob are all we got coming back if Green leaves. Given freshman will be lost we likely need a couple jc or grad transfer guards. If not we are in trouble

Maybe not; not all players are alike and not all players succeed.
Do we really need to explain these things to you?

Yes, I believe we do.

Phin, Al, and Anderson would be a good stable of backcourt players, in two years. I’m not sure how good that’ll be next season. I like the potential of Franklin as well.

For those who have seen enough, could Beverly play minutes at the point for an extended period of time?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe not; not all players are alike and not all players succeed.
Do we really need to explain these things to you?

Honestly I am hopeful if we do this he is just a dog. If not I want a grad transfer that has a killer mentality. I truly feel this team lacks an edge. But to your point of your post... yeah...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes, I believe we do.

Phin, Al, and Anderson would be a good stable of backcourt players, in two years. I’m not sure how good that’ll be next season. I like the potential of Franklin as well.

For those who have seen enough, could Beverly play minutes at the point for an extended period of time?

So in two years. Got it. Year three is kind of just a system learning year. That should be alot less stressful not have any expectations for the NCAA, etc.

You know Archie’s system better than him. Hmm why doesn’t he have you on staff?  

What I’m saying is in the day and age of the one and done and kids transferring all the time it isn’t possible to have a system that takes 3 full years for players to learn. Now I could see it taking that long to implement everything he wants depending on how quickly guys adjust to his style which actually looks like it might take a little longer than three years the way things have regressed this year. If you don’t get this than I’m sorry but to take three years for guys to learn isn’t realistic at any level high school, college, or professional.

So in two years. Got it. Year three is kind of just a system learning year. That should be alot less stressful not have any expectations for the NCAA, etc.

You asked the question they answered. If you want to be less stressful not to have any expectations for the ncaa because a fellow poster posted their expectations more power to you. Since your expectations will be lowered no need to post any frustration next year. I’m going to remember that

As far as Beverly goes he plays for power house prep school. He would be able to come in and contribute. His shot has gotten better but he is far from a lights out shooter. Biggest hurdle here will he his family and his thoughts on B1G basketball. Things can change if they can get him on campus

13 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

What I’m saying is in the day and age of the one and done and kids transferring all the time it isn’t possible to have a system that takes 3 full years for players to learn. Now I could see it taking that long to implement everything he wants depending on how quickly guys adjust to his style which actually looks like it might take a little longer than three years the way things have regressed this year. If you don’t get this than I’m sorry but to take three years for guys to learn isn’t realistic at any level high school, college, or professional.

Why wouldn’t his system take that long. How many 1 and dones or even 2 and dones has he had?  0

You asked the question they answered. If you want to be less stressful not to have any expectations for the ncaa because a fellow poster posted their expectations more power to you. Since your expectations will be lowered no need to post any frustration next year. I’m going to remember that

As far as Beverly goes he plays for power house prep school. He would be able to come in and contribute. His shot has gotten better but he is far from a lights out shooter. Biggest hurdle here will he his family and his thoughts on B1G basketball. Things can change if they can get him on campus

Hey USPS is his strength on the defensive end? On the offensive end is he a mid-range in scorer? Honestly I haven’t watched much of him to this point.

17 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Hey USPS is his strength on the defensive end? On the offensive end is he a mid-range in scorer? Honestly I haven’t watched much of him to this point.

Yes defense is a strength. He has the size to guard 1-3. Combo that has pg skills but I would say he leans more the 2 guard. With every incoming freshman he will need to add strength

55 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Biggest hurdle here will he his family and his thoughts on B1G basketball.

Have there been public comments from the family regarding - not wanting their son to play in the BIG?

Yes defense is a strength. He has the size to guard 1-3. Combo that has pg skills but I would say he leans more the 2 guard. With every incoming freshman he will need to add strength

Thanks for the short scouting report. Would you compare him a bit to Al coming into college?

Thanks for the short scouting report. Would you compare him a bit to Al coming into college?

Beverly is ranked way higher. I’m guessing Beverly moves into the top 80 in the final rankings.