Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aeggie

Updated Win Probability by S&P+ (through Week 9)

8fo0cns.png

As you can see, S&P+ no longer much likes our chances after watching us squander winnable games against MSU, Iowa, and now Minnesota. Maryland, meanwhile, seems to have moored itself and while Purdue could not win in East Lansing they've acquitted themselves well over several weeks now. Hopefully the bye sees a couple of our players return and we're at least as healthy as we can reasonable be going into the home game against Maryland.

While many did expect this team to win 4 or 5 games, I really thought that we would have a fighting chance to make a bowl game. I know that we have 55 freshmen on this roster, but I trusted Allen to coach the defense and I felt like we had a couple nice pieces on the offensive side of the ball. I'm disappointed with the team's performance this year and I wouldn't mind seeing Debord go, but then I didn't mind his playcalling when Penix was under center. If Allen was right and Penix is ready to go for 7 on 7s next summer I think we could still have a nice season. 55 sophomores isn't worlds better than 55 freshmen but they'll at least all be much stronger and hopefully surer tacklers.

But the season is not over. The loss against Minnesota was super frustrating but if we can beat Maryland we're still alive for a bowl. A win over a VERY beatable Minnesota team would've really, really helped, but there's still a chance to reach the postseason with a break or two. 

This was a tidbit from the AP story on this week's new rankings. Sadly, I don't see it changing for a long time. Funny thing is, we beat Virginia. Since then, however, the Cavs have been on a roll while we've been pooping our pants. 

Syracuse is ranked for the first time since 2001 and Virginia is in for the first time since 2011.

POLL POINTS

The Orange had the second-longest streak of unranked seasons among Power Five schools, behind only Indiana. The Hoosiers have not been ranked since 1994. The Cavaliers were tied for sixth on that list with Illinois.

With those teams now ranked, here are the current longest droughts in the AP Top 25:

Indiana, 1994

Purdue, 2007

Wake Forest, 2008

Kansas, 2009

Illinois 2011

Rutgers, 2012

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This was a tidbit from the AP story on this week's new rankings. Sadly, I don't see it changing for a long time. Funny thing is, we beat Virginia. Since then, however, the Cavs have been on a roll while we've been pooping our pants. 

Syracuse is ranked for the first time since 2001 and Virginia is in for the first time since 2011.

POLL POINTS

The Orange had the second-longest streak of unranked seasons among Power Five schools, behind only Indiana. The Hoosiers have not been ranked since 1994. The Cavaliers were tied for sixth on that list with Illinois.

With those teams now ranked, here are the current longest droughts in the AP Top 25:

Indiana, 1994

Purdue, 2007

Wake Forest, 2008

Kansas, 2009

Illinois 2011

Rutgers, 2012

Kids were born and began to defy their parents between us and Purdue