Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Secret Scrimmage vs Loyola of Chicago

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2018/10/25/five-teams-snubbed-overrated-college-basketball-preseason-poll/1760944002/
If Loyola should be ranked, what does that say about us?  I'm pretty convicted that believe we will finish the year in the top 15, barring injuries.

Purdue at 22 being overrated is a fine tradeoff for me until we get going.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pap - did we both delete at the same time????

More details on IU's 70-48 secret scrimmage win vs. Loyola Chicago: IU held Loyola to 32% shooting from field and 22.2% from 3-point range. IU shot 48.2% from the field and 53.8% in 2nd half. IU outrebounded Loyola 47-27. #iubb

Juwan Morgan scored 13 points and grabbed 16 rebounds with 3 assists. Romeo Langford scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds with 2 assists. Justin Smith scored 12 points and grabbed 5 rebounds. #iubb

Al Durham scored 11 points and Rob Phinisee added 8 points. Zach McRoberts posted four steals. IU led the Ramblers 36-15 at halftime.

thank you for this sir

27 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

More details on IU's 70-48 secret scrimmage win vs. Loyola Chicago: IU held Loyola to 32% shooting from field and 22.2% from 3-point range. IU shot 48.2% from the field and 53.8% in 2nd half. IU outrebounded Loyola 47-27. #iubb

Juwan Morgan scored 13 points and grabbed 16 rebounds with 3 assists. Romeo Langford scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds with 2 assists. Justin Smith scored 12 points and grabbed 5 rebounds. #iubb

Al Durham scored 11 points and Rob Phinisee added 8 points. Zach McRoberts posted four steals. IU led the Ramblers 36-15 at halftime.

Oh wow love this. Looks like Al Durham and Mcroberts will be in the rotation. Phinisee as well.  

36 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ha yeah it appears we did. Thanks for re-posting 

On 10/29/2018 at 6:41 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Miller talking about the scrimmage against Loyola (Ill.) at Bankers Life. “We got our money’s worth. We had to guard an extremely skilled team.”

Said on defense “Loyola did things we’ve never seen before.” But said he really liked the defensive intensity. “We held a really good offensive team to a reallly poor day.”

Indiana coach Archie Miller said the staff was "really surprised" at IU's defense in Sunday's scrimmage against Loyola-Chicago

Miller: “From a defensive perspective, we have to have some guys that can really play.”

Miller: “I don’t think this year’s team will aspire to shoot a lot of threes. I think it’s a team that wants to get fouled.”

Miller said he thinks there’s a lot of things he can do with lineups and a lot of different ways this team can play.

On Inside IU Basketball, Archie Miller voices excitement over IU's defensive capabilities for this season - confirms that we held Loyola Chicago to 48 points, low shooting %, and had 11 steals.

All these comments are music to my ears.  Defense and high quality shots baby.  Love it.