Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Secret Scrimmage vs Loyola of Chicago

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I really don't want mcroberts starting, unless he has made a big leap on offense. He was great for a team like last year's but we have too much talent for him to be starting this year, imo. 

We don't need him to score though.  If he can hit an open shot to prevent defenses from sagging too much, that is really all we need from him on offense.

In one of the Illinois games he must have hit four jumpers and looked confident doing it.  If he can get to that level a little more consistently, that is what we need.  And honestly I think he's capable of it...just needs a bit more confidence this year.

But his defense and intangibles are actually of even greater value with the talent around him because his offense really isn't needed.

Excited that De'Ron Davis got cleared for contact and was able to play 10 minutes.  Still not expecting much from him until probably B1G play, but that's a good sign.

Hopefully Devonte isn't out for too long.  I'd rather we're able to ease Phinisee into the starting lineup rather than force him by necessity.

Evan Fitzner was the guest player on tonight's show and yes, Dustin Dopirak called him Fitzgerald.

Fitzner said St. Mary’s used most of the same principles as IU on defense, but played more half court offense. Said going uptempo has been an adjustment.

Dustin Dopirak‏Verified account @DustinDopirak 

St. Mary’s transfer Evan Fitzgerald said he’s looking forward to snow.

Evan Fitzner wants to play professionally when done with his senior year. He also plants on setting up a not-for-profit for kids with disabilities after completion of his Master's Degree this year.

Fitzgerald ...I'm sure he's really feeling the love here. I wonder what kind of impact he thinks Romeo Lunsford is going to have this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I'm still shocked (and delighted) DD is playing 5 on 5 in OCTOBER!! 

Don't like to hear about Green & Race though. Friggin injuries. 

The depth of this year's team will make injuries easier to deal with than last year's team was able to. 

Curious if Devonte is out for awhile who starts PG? Is it Al or Rob? 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think this team's PG for the long haul is going to be Rob. From what I've heard he handled the role great. We don't need a playmaker at PG with this team, just someone who has a high bball IQ and makes good decisions, and that is RP. We'll be just fine without Green but hope he gets back sooner than later to provide us with depth at the 1 position.

1 minute ago, jbell833 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think this team's PG for the long haul is going to be Rob. From what I've heard he handled the role great. We don't need a playmaker at PG with this teams, just someone who has a high bball IQ and makes good decisions, and that is RP. We'll be just fine without Green but hope he gets back sooner than later to provide us with depth at the 1 position.

I hope so too! Kind of reminds me of Yogi in 2012 but I don't think Rob is as talented. I also think Rob may be one of the more under valued recruits in the nation. We shall see!