Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

Indiana not ranked in 2018 AP Preseason Poll

43 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'll bet whatever you want that we don't beat Duke at Cameron. We'll need to be about 15 points better to beat them there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Who knows. Things can be crazy. Pretty sure Virginia beat them there last year. And that Virginia team pulled off a WTF loss so great that Tom Crean was jealous of it. 

Anybody worried about the USI exhibition game?? I know it's just that, an exhibition game, but I believe they are a senior led team with A LOT of Indiana kids and an Indiana All-Star in Chance Coyle from Bloomington who will probably end up lighting us up as most Indiana kids do. I think that'll be tougher than our first game against Chicago State (IUPUI beat them by 38 in a closed scrimmage). I'm going to temper my expectations out the gate. I think this team may take a few weeks to really gel together but by season's end, we'll be playing our best basketball and will be lightyears better than when we started the season. My expectations are slow start but strong finish and make it to 2nd weekend of tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

45 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Anybody worried about the USI exhibition game?? I know it's just that, an exhibition game, but I believe they are a senior led team with A LOT of Indiana kids and an Indiana All-Star in Chance Coyle from Bloomington who will probably end up lighting us up as most Indiana kids do. I think that'll be tougher than our first game against Chicago State (IUPUI beat them by 38 in a closed scrimmage). I'm going to temper my expectations out the gate. I think this team may take a few weeks to really gel together but by season's end, we'll be playing our best basketball and will be lightyears better than when we started the season. My expectations are slow start but strong finish and make it to 2nd weekend of tourney.

I won't feel safe about any game until this team proves otherwise. I haven't so easily forgotten last year's ugly losses, like many have.

That said, if this team has any grit to it at all, we shouldn't need to sweat USI. Put our upperclassmen in. Green, Fitz, JMo, and McHustle, plus anyone else (I know, it's Langford) need to be able to handle these guys without a coach on the bench. I'm looking to keep lesser teams under 50 pts. I'd like to see opposing coaches calling time out when we're up 18-4. Do our work in the first half so Race, Damezi, Rob, Jake, and Jerome can spend a half playing together. 

Lol - we will see. You're probably right. I do think Teddy V has retired, so at least we don't have that to deal with. Tough road for sure... How much money do you have? Just curious ... whatever you want is pretty encompassing... 

Bet a tag line of the winners choosing...? The point is dook will get any and every call that's anywhere close to 50-50. IU will have to play a clean game even with dook playing 30 freshmen.

1 hour ago, jbell833 said:

Not at all. Rodney Watson, their coach, is the D2 version of Crean. One postseason win in 10 years...They always have talent too. 

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Bet a tag line of the winners choosing...? The point is dook will get any and every call that's anywhere close to 50-50. IU will have to play a clean game even with dook playing 30 freshmen.

That sounds doable. [The only thing I won't put in my tagline would be something complimentary of UK.]

I think you're spot on with this ==> "The point is dook will get any and every call that's anywhere close to 50-50. IU will have to play a clean game even with dook playing 30 freshmen."

I'm guessing this is a very bad bet on my part, but I'm game. 

15 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

That sounds doable. [The only thing I won't put in my tagline would be something complimentary of UK.]

I think you're spot on with this ==> "The point is dook will get any and every call that's anywhere close to 50-50. IU will have to play a clean game even with dook playing 30 freshmen."

I'm guessing this is a very bad bet on my part, but I'm game. 

Done, agree the duration will be until IU's basketball season is over?

3 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

Sounds good. I'm sure I've been called worse than anything you can make me put in my tagline.

Need to add a few 'off the board - topics' - Nothing bad about God, Country or Family. 

I'm right there with you brother.  There won't be anything bad like that, just a little humor. 

Sounds good. I'm sure I've been called worse than anything you can make me put in my tagline.
Need to add a few 'off the board - topics' - Nothing bad about God, Country or Family. 

Which god, what country, and whose family tho amirite?!

On 10/23/2018 at 10:24 AM, HoosierAloha said:

I will say that Duke game last year was fun had De'Ron made some of his free throws would've been even more interesting. Yeah some of those calls could've gone either way but all in all it was a good game.