Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

Indiana not ranked in 2018 AP Preseason Poll

41 minutes ago, KDB said:

IU is unofficially ranked #28 as they are receiving the third most votes in the "Others Receiving Votes" section.

Big Ten Teams ranked are:

* MSU #10

* Michigan #19

* Purdue #24

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

Lol at Purdue being ranked 24th.  We have a better team on paper and it's not close.

These guys are clowns.

We will have plenty of chances to move up the rankings....

We play a lot of teams that are ranked or at least receiving votes.... we have to prove it on the court but my hopes are high.

Preseason Rankings of teams we play: 4, 10 (twice), 19 (twice), 24 (twice), 27, 30, 31, 32, 39, 43

Lol at Purdue being ranked 24th.  We have a better team on paper and it's not close.
These guys are clowns.

Hopefully at the end of that game or even mid way through we can start the “2nd tier victory” chant at home. That would piss off some PU fans.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

These guys are clowns.

I saw a few weeks back that someone (can't remember exactly if it was a single "expert" or a media entity) had Carsen Edwards as the No. 2-ranked player in the country. I did a double-take on that on. I mean, there's no doubt the kid's good, but No. 2 in the country? I'm not seeing that. 

I saw a few weeks back that someone (can't remember exactly if it was a single "expert" or a media entity) had Carsen Edwards as the No. 2-ranked player in the country. I did a double-take on that on. I mean, there's no doubt the kid's good, but No. 2 in the country? I'm not seeing that. 

If he is it’s a very, very weak year for college basketball. But on the flip side their expectations are high and they will be disappointed. Win win

21 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

That fan poll vote through March Madness had Carsen in the Final Four for POY vote. Also had Happ and Morgan as well.

18 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

That fan poll vote through March Madness had Carsen in the Final Four for POY vote. Also had Happ and Morgan as well.

Carsen was also the number 1 seed in the entire bracket.

Look, I don't care if he is the best player or second best player in the country...he's one player.  They lost 4 starters and are not a top 25 team.

3 hours ago, KDB said:

IU is unofficially ranked #28 as they are receiving the third most votes in the "Others Receiving Votes" section.

Big Ten Teams ranked are:

* MSU #10

* Michigan #19

* Purdue #24

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

I love these pre-season polls. So much always changes. Just look at last year. I bet Nevada, Loyola-Chicago, Texas Tech, K-State were nowhere near the pre-season top 25 last year and all had great years!

I'll throw out a few predictions. Teams that won't finish in the top 25: Purdue, UCLA, Florida St, Clemson. 

1 hour ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I love these pre-season polls. So much always changes. Just look at last year. I bet Nevada, Loyola-Chicago, Texas Tech, K-State were nowhere near the pre-season top 25 last year and all had great years!

I'll throw out a few predictions. Teams that won't finish in the top 25: Purdue, UCLA, Florida St, Clemson. 

Good call

IMO we could go without a loss until conference season except for Duke

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I thought this as well. Did my yearly preseason schedule W-L prediction and felt very strongly we would go 10-1 or 9-2 before conference. Would be interested in a thread conversation about this.

Not surprised with the ranking. And I think IU beats Duke this year.
Looking forward to seeing how this all works out this year... 

I'll bet whatever you want that we don't beat Duke at Cameron. We'll need to be about 15 points better to beat them there.

Lol - we will see. You're probably right. I do think Teddy V has retired, so at least we don't have that to deal with. Tough road for sure... How much money do you have? Just curious ... whatever you want is pretty encompassing...