Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aeggie

Updated Win Probability by S&P+ (through Week 8)

tN0XV6f.png

Friday's game is crucial for this team as our chances of earning a bowl berth are now on the wrong side of 50%. Penix showed off much firmer passes against PSU, but unfortunately left the game with an injury. What I'd really like is if Ramsey led the team to a win in Minneapolis and Penix reurned against Maryland but we'll see. I thought our defense largely stabilized against Penn State and if we can replicate that against Minnesota's offense we should give ourselves a great shot to win.

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Im going to use these probabilities next year for betting. Bet against these odds all day

S&P+ is 57% against the spread on the year so you can do it but it wouldn't be a winning play

One thing I have learned after watching IU football for over 50 years is to be realistic. This has been another typical season. I didn't expect much, especially on defense considering the players they had returning. I really don't see another win this year. I think Coach Allen has to at the very minimum get to a bowl next year. He really needs to win 7 games to show progress. He will have a team made up mostly of his recruits and it will be time to show he can get the job done. If not he will be looking pretty vulnerable. 

38 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

One thing I have learned after watching IU football for over 50 years is to be realistic. This has been another typical season. I didn't expect much, especially on defense considering the players they had returning. I really don't see another win this year. I think Coach Allen has to at the very minimum get to a bowl next year. He really needs to win 7 games to show progress. He will have a team made up mostly of his recruits and it will be time to show he can get the job done. If not he will be looking pretty vulnerable. 

I go back another ten years and everything you said there is on point. If CTA doesn't work out, it will be a huge black mark on Fred Glass because of his hasty decision to hire Coach Allen without a proper search.