Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

johnsoniu

Indiana vs Penn St Game Thread

32 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I can’t believe people still think Ramsey is our issue. Our issue is a defensive coordinator masquerading as a HC and a Walmart greeter masquerading as an offensive coordinator. 

Why does there have to be just one or two problems?

Ramsey does some things well, but his lack of arm strength is a limiting factor for this team.

It’s really hard to consistently sustain drives when we’re throwing check down after check down after check down.

We did not lose because of Ramsey yesterday, but he’s not the type of qb that is ever going to make up for mistakes elsewhere to come up with a win.

Just my two cents.

I just wanted to mention a few things. I was at the game and it was a fun atmosphere in the first half. I noticed a lot of people left at half time which is common even from my days at IU to go back to tailgate. But later large groups of people would leave anytime Penn State made a big play or if IU did not make a big play. Over heard Penn State fans point at the large amount of IU fans leaving during the game and then state how embarrassing it was. And I agree. 

My buddy and I went out later to watch the night games. I was at a bar and ran into several football players. I’m not going to name this player. he was a nice kid and kind of opened up. He stated to me that he was disappointed in IU fans for leaving the game like that. He really wished the stadium was more full and would stay that way through the whole game. He said that hes going to give it 110% because he always does. He wants to win more than us fans want. But he just wished the fans stuck around to watch the game. 

Just my two cents.
I just wanted to mention a few things. I was at the game and it was a fun atmosphere in the first half. I noticed a lot of people left at half time which is common even from my days at IU to go back to tailgate. But later large groups of people would leave anytime Penn State made a big play or if IU did not make a big play. Over heard Penn State fans point at the large amount of IU fans leaving during the game and then state how embarrassing it was. And I agree. 
My buddy and I went out later to watch the night games. I was at a bar and ran into several football players. I’m not going to name this player. he was a nice kid and kind of opened up. He stated to me that he was disappointed in IU fans for leaving the game like that. He really wished the stadium was more full and would stay that way through the whole game. He said that hes going to give it 110% because he always does. He wants to win more than us fans want. But he just wished the fans stuck around to watch the game. 

The culture of IU football and how fans view it. Until the culture, including the fans, changes or the team suddenly starts winning at a higher clip the stands will be mostly empty in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, keith88lx said:

Just my two cents.

If we can beat Minnesota I think we'll draw a nice crowd for the Maryland game. If we can't, he'll continue to be disappointed unfortunately. Hopefully Penix is okay and can appear in one of the next two games.

Just my two cents. I just wanted to mention a few things. I was at the game and it was a fun atmosphere in the first half. I noticed a lot of people left at half time which is common even from my days at IU to go back to tailgate. But later large groups of people would leave anytime Penn State made a big play or if IU did not make a big play. Over heard Penn State fans point at the large amount of IU fans leaving during the game and then state how embarrassing it was. And I agree.  My buddy and I went out later to watch the night games. I was at a bar and ran into several football players. I’m not going to name this player. he was a nice kid and kind of opened up. He stated to me that he was disappointed in IU fans for leaving the game like that. He really wished the stadium was more full and would stay that way through the whole game. He said that hes going to give it 110% because he always does. He wants to win more than us fans want. But he just wished the fans stuck around to watch the game. 

Surely those Penn State fans at a bar are not that obtuse. I would like Memorial stadium to be at capacity for every game, however, even when PSU has had some decent basketball teams, they had plenty of MIA fans. Those PSU fans need to consider the long history of each school for basketball and football. 

Today's presser:  Tom Allen said QB Michael Penix Jr. tore his ACL and will be out for the remainder of the season. "My heart breaks for him." Says Penix will have surgery "in a few weeks."

He went on to say Reese Taylor is now the back-up QB.

This is a really tough break for Penix and IU football.  Penix might be able to return for the regular season next year but he'll almost certainly miss spring football which would've been big for him in building towards his sophomore year.  This sucks for Penix so bad,  hope he fully recovers 

2 hours ago, Aeggie said:

This is a really tough break for Penix and IU football.  Penix might be able to return for the regular season next year but he'll almost certainly miss spring football which would've been big for him in building towards his sophomore year.  This sucks for Penix so bad,  hope he fully recovers 

This team better bring in some more competition. Tough break for Penix but and I still have hope for him but he will be behind the 8 ball come fall practice. Ramsey is not the answer. Allend and Debord better get to it!

6 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

This team better bring in some more competition. Tough break for Penix but and I still have hope for him but he will be behind the 8 ball come fall practice. Ramsey is not the answer. Allend and Debord better get to it!

It doesn't look like we're targeting a QB per 247 but they're not going to be totally accurate all the time for every school

On the plus side Allen seems to think that we could get Penix back for 7 on 7s in the spring and have him ready to go by the time practice really gets going so he actually may not miss time. If he heals well and can manage that we'd be in good shape. I don't think Ramsey is the QB that can take us to a ten win season if everything clicks but I do think he might be good enough to lead us to a bowl this year. I feel hopeful every week - hard to be an IU fan if you can't manage that - but the game at Minnesota is a winnable one. It'll be a big test for Ramsey and our offense.

Anyone know that much about Johnny Pabst? He’s been getting scout team player of the week pretty consistently and I know for sure Dakich is a fan of him. I guess them announcing Taylor as second string probably answers my question for me but just wondering if anyone had seen much of him.

10 hours ago, Aeggie said:

It doesn't look like we're targeting a QB per 247 but they're not going to be totally accurate all the time for every school

On the plus side Allen seems to think that we could get Penix back for 7 on 7s in the spring and have him ready to go by the time practice really gets going so he actually may not miss time. If he heals well and can manage that we'd be in good shape. I don't think Ramsey is the QB that can take us to a ten win season if everything clicks but I do think he might be good enough to lead us to a bowl this year. I feel hopeful every week - hard to be an IU fan if you can't manage that - but the game at Minnesota is a winnable one. It'll be a big test for Ramsey and our offense.

I'm not sure Allen's opinion on when they might get him back means too much. He's just being optimistic.

14 hours ago, HoosierX said:

I'm not sure Allen's opinion on when they might get him back means too much. He's just being optimistic.

That's true,  those statements were made before the surgery so he had no real insight at that point