Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

johnsoniu

Indiana vs Penn St Game Thread

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Not sure what you've seen to make you think he's better. Penix is 9/19 and averaging 4.9 yards per attempt. The complaint about Ramsey has been that he's limited to short throws, yet Penix is averaging a yard and a half less per attempt.

Who cares.   We know what we will get with Ramsey, another L.

We'll probably get the same with Penix, but at least there's a chance.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Not sure what you've seen to make you think he's better. Penix is 9/19 and averaging 4.9 yards per attempt. The complaint about Ramsey has been that he's limited to short throws, yet Penix is averaging a yard and a half less per attempt.

He couldn't beat Ramsey out for the starting job and his yards per attempt is sub Ramsey level.  Interesting definition of "better".

Ramsey isn't getting it done and it's time for a change to get some life into this team. Anybody who knows football can visibly see Penix has a better arm, better vision, and quicker release. Ramsey came in at the final minute with a timeout and was only able to muster 10 net yards and not even give us a chance to even attempt to score.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

Until we invest in a real coaching staff and upgrade our facilities this is the absurd crap we will see. Completely unavoidable errors.

A football only facility compared to a shared facility where football takes priority isn't going to change this.  Coaching?  I can agree, this is what we'll get when we refuse to do a coaching search.

Just now, jbell833 said:

Ramsey isn't getting it done and it's time for a change to get some life into this team. Anybody who knows football can visibly see Penix has a better arm, better visibility, and quicker release. Ramsey came in at the final minute with a timeout and was only able to muster 10 net yards and not even give us a chance to even attempt to score.

Translates to. I have nothing to support my argument so I’ll claim that if you disagree you just don’t know football. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Translates to. I have nothing to support my argument so I’ll claim that if you disagree you just don’t know football. 

You're basing your judgment of Penix on literally about a quarter of play.  

I'll agree that Penix has done nothing to prove he's better than Ramsey so far but he needs a shot.

2 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Ramsey isn't getting it done and it's time for a change to get some life into this team. Anybody who knows football can visibly see Penix has a better arm, better visibility, and quicker release. Ramsey came in at the final minute with a timeout and was only able to muster 10 net yards and not even give us a chance to even attempt to score.

Ramsey isn't getting it done.  The replacement is putting up numbers even worse.  Welp, to the third string!

Just now, HoosierX said:

You're basing your judgment of Penix on literally about a quarter of play.  

I'll agree that Penix has done nothing to prove he's better than Ramsey so far but he needs a shot.

Based on what Ramsey losing 2 games against ranked team?  And only 1 other game. Yep definitely seems like a guy not getting it done

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

LOL’d when Allen, at the half, said he brought in Ramsey for time management.

To be fair, it didn't help when Majette caught the ball and could have easily run the ball out of bounds for a 2 yard gain, spun back around inside...for a 2 yard gain.  How dumb are our players?

3 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

You say Ramsey isn't getting it done, yet the guy that replaced him is doing even worse. It doesn't matter how good of an arm you have if you can't hit your receivers. Lagow had a cannon but that didn't make him a good quarterback. Ramsey had us in field goal range until a holding call knocked us out. It'd be one thing if Penix came in and tore it up, but he didn't. 

Just now, HoosierX said:

To be fair, it didn't help when Majette caught the ball and could have easily run the ball out of bounds for a 2 yard gain, spun back around inside...for a 2 yard gain.  How dumb are our players?

I meant that the end was a group clown show.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You say Ramsey isn't getting it done, yet the guy that replaced him is doing even worse. It doesn't matter how good of an arm you have if you can't hit your receivers. Lagow had a cannon but that didn't make him a good quarterback. Ramsey had us in field goal range until a holding call knocked us out. It'd be one thing if Penix came in and tore it up, but he didn't. 

I tried to forget the Lagow experiment.  Thanks....