Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana vs Iowa Game Thread 10/13 12:00PM ESPN2

This will probably be a defensive battle as Iowa boasts a top 5 defense but their offense is about on par with ours. I was encouraged by what I saw in the OSU game from Ramsey and the offense. Hopefully we continue to take shots and not go back to the extra conservative game calling that we've seen.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

This will probably be a defensive battle as Iowa boasts a top 5 defense but their offense is about on par with ours. I was encouraged by what I saw in the OSU game from Ramsey and the offense. Hopefully we continue to take shots and not go back to the extra conservative game calling that we've seen.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Notes about iowa.... 

we have some key injuries and we’ve had them for the past couple of weeks. We all know who is or might be questionable or a game time decision.  

However, Iowa is in a pickle. 2 starting LBs were listed as likely not to play this weekend....one left with what looked like a knee injury or a stinger....the other is most likely definitely out for this game (I forget names and I’m tired of flipping back and forth from app to app. Also, Their other starting LB Amani Jones will miss the first half due to a targeting penalty. Their RB left the game late last weekend with concussion like symptoms he has led the team in rushing the last 2 games. Noah Fant their stud TE is listed as also questionable. Now back to the defense. Last week two frosh DBs one being Julius Brents had to step up and fill in for upperclassmen who had some injuries, they had pretty solid games. It is looking like Iowa will most likely rely on them early in the game as well and they are looking to get starts. 

I think it it will be interesting to see who will be there and dressed for Iowa. Becuase if I’m not mistaken for non conference this year you could take as many players as you want  and for conference it is limited and smaller amount than years past. 

This is the type of game I really want to see us win at least once a year.

Win at OSU....would be nice but that is a “dream win”.

Beating Iowa at home is the type of “upgrade win” that is within reach but  we have not historically secured.

Just looked at Wilson’s first bowl team. We went bowling with only  2 conference wins and both were against teams that only had one conference win all season (ie, bad teams). The following year was also a bowl year in which we beat bad teams (thanks to PU for providing the Hazell years). The MSU win looked exceptional but they went on to only win one conference game all year.

Would just like to see us start beating some “above average” conference opponents. Think we can do it tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Longshot but will their be a radio broadcast of this available in northwest indiana?  Driving up to chicago during game time

I would think you could stream Fish on your phone.

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Agree. FG’s rather than TD’s often cost us games.

The pass should have been ruled a catch. He clearly had his hand under the ball when he hit the ground.  Big call.

This whole replay deal continues to confound me. On the review, he clearly caught the ball -- it never hit the ground. Yet they say there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call. The evidence is that the ball never hit the ground!