Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

College Basketball Weekly Pick ems

How much interest would there be for a college basketball pick ems?  I'm thinking 25 games a week Monday to Sunday with the majority of the games coming from the Big Ten and top 25.  If we can get 10+ people I would be happy to put it together.  It would be similar to the CFB/NFL pick em where it is just picking the winner and not the spread.  In the noncon it might be a little boring with not too many marquee matchups each week but would definitely be better during the conference season.  Let me know!

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

How much interest would there be for a college basketball pick ems?  I'm thinking 25 games a week Monday to Sunday with the majority of the games coming from the Big Ten and top 25.  If we can get 10+ people I would be happy to put it together.  It would be similar to the CFB/NFL pick em where it is just picking the winner and not the spread.  In the noncon it might be a little boring with not too many marquee matchups each week but would definitely be better during the conference season.  Let me know!

I would be down

40 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

I’m in! Would be great to pick against the spread but lines rarely come out more than 24 hours in advance. Hard for a pickem game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It would be a bit more work to track that as well.  I'm messing around with excel again to try and get the tracking down.  I've done the football one before at work but never a basketball one.  I think we could get 25 games a week but some might be too easy to pick like IU over Indiana S... errrrrr.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

It would be a bit more work to track that as well.  I'm messing around with excel again to try and get the tracking down.  I've done the football one before at work but never a basketball one.  I think we could get 25 games a week but some might be too easy to pick like IU over Indiana S... errrrrr.

Lol could just do ranked matchups then Big Ten games and ranked matchups. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol could just do ranked matchups then Big Ten games and ranked matchups. 

We'll get something going.  I'm not sure how we'll do the season winner yet, total points vs. best average.  I just don't like picking too many games where the outcome is should be a given.  A handful of Big Ten or ranked teams vs. directional universities is fine but I'd like 15+ each week with a close betting line.

What rules would you like to see?

• 25 picks/week
  • drop one/two lowest scores throughout the season
  • week starts Monday and runs through Sunday
  • HoosierAloha always wins or he'll take his game and go home
  • deadline to post predictions will be Sunday night

Any rules you would alter or like to see in place?

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, HoosierAloha said:

What rules would you like to see?

• 25 picks/week
  • drop one/two lowest scores throughout the season
  • week starts Monday and runs through Sunday
  • HoosierAloha always wins or he'll take his game and go home
  • deadline to post predictions will be Sunday night 

Any rules you would alter or like to see in place?

While these recommendations do NOT have to be taken at all and I won't care one way or another; I think it would be cool to see all major conferences represented (Big 10, Big 12, ACC, SEC, Pac 12, Big East).  Perhaps when all these early season tournaments go on, we could pick the winner and runner-up of each tournament for 'bonus points' (or regular points, either way).  This, in a sense, would allow us to use these tournaments in our game but not have to worry about not knowing the matchups.

35 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

While these recommendations do NOT have to be taken at all and I won't care one way or another; I think it would be cool to see all major conferences represented (Big 10, Big 12, ACC, SEC, Pac 12, Big East).  Perhaps when all these early season tournaments go on, we could pick the winner and runner-up of each tournament for 'bonus points' (or regular points, either way).  This, in a sense, would allow us to use these tournaments in our game but not have to worry about not knowing the matchups.

I like that idea but I'm not sure how points would be awarded for the tourney.  Maybe 1 point for first round, 2 for 2nd round, etc. with a bonus if you guess everything correctly.  If anyone else has input on this particular idea please let me know!