Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

#IUMS @ Michigan - 3 pm/BTN

We take on the Wolverines today in a battle for the top spot in the B1G. Go Hoosiers!

SCOUTING THE WOLVERINES
• The Michigan Wolverines enter Sunday's match with the Hoosiers with an overall record of 8-1-1 on the season.
• Michigan sits atop the Big Ten table with 10 points in four matches, posting a mark of 3-0-1.
• The Wolverines are ranked No. 14 in the United Soccer Coaches poll, 12th in the College Soccer News rankings, No. 22 in the Top Drawer Soccer Top-25 and No. 65 in the NCAA RPI.
• Umar Farouk Osman leads U-M with six goals on the year, while Jack Hallahan has a team-best five assists. GK Henry Mashburn has posted five shutouts on the season.
• Indiana will be the first ranked team that Michigan will have faced in 2018.

SERIES HISTORY
• In the overall series between the Hoosiers and the Wolverines, Indiana leads 19-3-2.
• The Hoosiers are unbeaten in their last five matches against U-M, posting a 4-0-1 mark.
• Last season, the two squads played to a 1-1 draw in Bloomington. Andrew Gutman scored the goal for the Hoosiers.
• Indiana has won the last two meetings in Ann Arbor, with the last loss coming on Oct. 26, 2013.
• Overall, the Hoosiers are 8-1 against Michigan in Ann Arbor.
• IU has out-scored Michigan, 57-18, in the series.

Preview

Live Stats

B1G Standings

Traveling again but hotel has BTN so was able to watch whole match. I couldn't post updates throughout because my computer was in a very inconvenient place.

With that said we rebounded better than I could of imagined and looked like last years defense again turning away pretty much every dangerous opportunity before it became a problem. Michigan, like U-Conn is a solid tourney team and good at everything but not great at anything. We got them as we have so many times with speed with Dorsey speeding through defenders who were paying to much attention to him and found a wide open Buckmaster on right side who tucked it home as he was running up to box unmarked. D then closed it out and never allowed anything to dangerous. 

I had us tying today but a win is even better and far more important than the UK loss. We are now very much in the drivers seat for Big Ten title and can still win outright with a tie or share the title with a loss. Last years tie against Michigan at home cost us the Big Ten title and Michigan as the 5th best team sneaked out with the title. Today we avenged that. 

We can wrap up the title beating Maryland and then going on the road and beating awful OSU and Rutgers before even having to face MSU. For next game Maryland is basically IU of 14, 15 and 16 with a really good D but a completely anemic offense and a lot of talent. If we can get out with 1-0 win again (and even a tie not end of world) we almost assure ourselves the title baring an awful loss. Baring bad weather I’ll be there Friday and hopefully another big crowd shows.