Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Indiana @ OSU Game Thread 10/6 4:00PM FOX

8 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Minor complaint here, but why aren't we starting our scholarship HS All-American kicker over Justus who has very limited range?

Not sure, but this is the same staff that wanted to play Reese Taylor at cornerback.

10 hours ago, cthomas said:

I like Tom Allen, but how can you not have a real coaching search to fill a power 5 coaching vacancy.

They followed the same blueprint that worked so well when Knight was fired. 1987 was as close to a Rose Bowl since our only one in 69 and they fired Mallory also.  Look no further than the leadership at Indiana and the coaching decisions to see why athletics in key sports has been a failure. Myles Brand was a complete joke and now we have an Aussie president that doesn’t even understand American athletics let alone what it would take for football to be competitive. Then take a look at our AD’s. Our latest addition gave Crean an extension and was his biggest cheerleader finally trying to explain his x’s  and o’s no other person in the state could. I do like what he has done for facilities but the other forward thinking AD’s in the league forced him to do that. I’m not a conspiracy theorist or paranoid but didn’t the board say they would never have another coach as powerful as Knight? They fired probably the greatest basketball coach to ever live who won’t even come back to campus when others build statues or name new and exciting facilities after them. Those coaches weren’t better look at Dean Smith. Knight owned his @$$ and Dean Smith started the sham majors that basically went unpunished from the organization that runs the show just north of campus. The administration got what they wanted and all us fans and alumni has suffered since. Three decades later and we’re still trying to get our flagship program back to greatness. When and if we do get back to our historical winning ways in basketball, I’m sure they will run Archie off also.