Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#USWNT - 2019 World Cup CHAMPS!

I saw this posted as well and am not surprised as I prefer to watch the USWNT. However, I wish they would have included all revenue instead of just gate receipts. Does TV, apparel or other streams look different?

Also, what is the gap and how has they been tending over this same period? Is the gap closing rapidly, slowly or not at all?

Lastly, does the success of the USWNT hurt them? As dominant as they have been over the last few years would it be wiser to spend there or spend on the men’s side to catch up? Does the USMNT have more earnings potential if they had similar success?

A lot more to this discussion than just gate receipts but those are probably an indication that the pay gap should be shrinking.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I saw this posted as well and am not surprised as I prefer to watch the USWNT. However, I wish they would have included all revenue instead of just gate receipts. Does TV, apparel or other streams look different?

Also, what is the gap and how has they been tending over this same period? Is the gap closing rapidly, slowly or not at all?

Lastly, does the success of the USWNT hurt them? As dominant as they have been over the last few years would it be wiser to spend there or spend on the men’s side to catch up? Does the USMNT have more earnings potential if they had similar success?

A lot more to this discussion than just gate receipts but those are probably an indication that the pay gap should be shrinking.

True but I would assume their is a decent correlation between match attendance and merchandise sold and tv viewership. 

Not a perfect metric.  But they are in the same ballpark almost certainly  

And even if the viewership numbers are higher for the men’s team probably more a result of fans wanting to watch foreign stars dominate the USMNT  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2019/6/7/18653950/uswnt-pay-equality-lawsuit-gender-discrimination-us-soccer
This article states that after their WC victory in 2015 the women outperformed the men in everything but TV deals. 

One of the articles mentioned the TV deals were bundled - Men’s and Women’s - so it was hard to know who pulled in what. I would be curious to see if the values of broken apart. I will go out of my way to see the women play but could currently care less about the men.

Guess we can eliminate the stupidity that being the runner up in our group for the US is the easier path. While playing France in the Quarters isn't ideal, playing Canada over Spain in the round of 16 is certainly less then desirable which is what will happen if we lose today.

Win the group you get a mediocre Spain team, then France. Lose today and get runners up, you play a Canada team that is almost equal to the US and then Germany who is every bit as good as France. Christine Sinclair is one of the few forwards in the women's game for Canada who is as good as Alex Morgan. 

Win the group and take an inferior Spain team rather than Canada. Period.