Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BabyJandJDaddy

Hoosiers GUARANTEED to Shock the World and Beat OSU

1 hour ago, BabyJandJDaddy said:

Here is why.  My wife's grandparents are season ticket holders to the Buckeyes.  Each time the Hoosiers head to Columbus, they always offer us their tickets.  Each time, I go in hopes that this game will be finally be the one where the Hoosiers come home with a win.  There have been some serious heartbreaks in recent years.  The only blowout in recent memory was the 2013 game in the snow.  All the other games, the Hoosiers have kept it close, sometimes even down to the last play of the game.  Well this Saturday, my family and I are moving to the west side of Indy.  No Buckeye game for me this year, which naturally means, I won't be there in person to see the  Hoosiers take it the Buckeyes this weekend!  Might as well get pumped up about it! What does IU have to lose?! 

Post of the week, and it's only Monday morning!!

We'll get stomped. I'm almost 30, and I hope I'll get to see IU beat OSU in football at some point in my life. It probably won't happen unless they nuke their own program like Nebraska has done.

I will never get over the double OT loss to Michigan three years ago.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We'll get stomped. I'm almost 30, and I hope I'll get to see IU beat OSU in football at some point in my life. It probably won't happen unless they nuke their own program like Nebraska has done.

I will never get over the double OT loss to Michigan three years ago.

Well I am over 50.  I remember when it happened, but it was a LOOOONG time ago.  

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I was there when it happened - think it was in 1987 and 1988, and we absolutely curb-stomped them at Memorial Stadium.

Bless your heart, Anthony Thomson, Dave Schnell, Coach Mallory, and the rest.   

I will go down to my grave fighting that if Archie Griffin won TWO Heisman there is no reason Anthony Thompson shouldn't of won one. 

Indiana Turns Back Ohio State for First Time in 31 Meetings

October 11, 1987|Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Despite the rain pounding down at Ohio Stadium, the sky was shining for Indiana. And the downpour only seemed appropriate for Ohio State.

Indiana, which had not beaten an Ohio State football team in its last 31 tries, shocked the No. 9 Buckeyes, 31-10, Saturday.

"I've known about Ohio State football since I was a freshman here in 1949," Buckeye Coach Earle Bruce said. "This is the darkest day in Ohio State football since I have been associated with it."

Indiana Coach Bill Mallory, who was an assistant coach along with Bruce under the late Woody Hayes, knows a little about Ohio State's tradition as well.

My last year in B-town. Yes it was glorious. Absolutely loved the “darkest day” comment

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

4 hours ago, Conner Hobbs said:

I will go down to my grave fighting that if Archie Griffin won TWO Heisman there is no reason Anthony Thompson shouldn't of won one. 

That he didn't his senior year was a crime; but had we beaten Purdue, he would have.  One of the better people I have ever known; and Andre Ware was nowhere near the college football player AT was.