Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS vs Northwestern - 7 pm 9/26

Ugh that mentioned fluke goal as it deflects around and NW scores on first shot of night. Got to break them down all over again. Our D is very good but its a half hair behind last year. 

As soon as NW scores we take one in the box immediately and hit the post and now Gutman down who is our best all around player. Things suddenly looking dicing. Clearly not intentional as NW apologizes for tackle but Gutman is serious pain. You lose him you have the depth but not the individual to replace him and your expectations take a serious hit. 

Wow! First game this year I have felt relief instead of proud after the game but beats heck out of disappointment which we felt all to often against these inferior opponents before last yr. 

We did not play well at all in 2nd half but found a way which is what great teams do! Hats off to NW who gave it everything they had against a far superior IU squad. Reminds me of the New Hampshire game of last year in tourney where they left everything on the field and were well disciplined on D but just came up short against far superior team (only difference was we got to 2-0 late on a PK before NH got one back as our speed frustrated NH more than it did NW). 

We should be counting our lucky stars as that 2nd half is by far the worst we have played this year. After NW scored instead of trying to methodically break down their D as we have done so well last 2 years against parked buses we got frustrated and started ripping long low percentage shots from distance which is inexcusable for this senior led team and something the 14, 15 and 16 teams did all to often against this type of D. 

With all that said we did find a way which is not something the 14, 15 and 16 teams did in this situation and got the 3 points we had to have if we want to try to win a Big Ten Title. Having Dorsey and Rennicks has changed everything as we try to build from back against parked bus teams and we need to remember that moving forward and not rip prayer shots as we did late in the game tonight.

Onto PSU Sun. who has always been NW 2.0 but slightly less talented. With that said they got rid of Bob Warming their longtime head coach in off season who was also a master parked bus strategist so I am curious to see if anything has changed in what they do. After that it gets tough again with teams close to our level. Need all 3 points again Sunday and hopefully we can do it in easier fashion.

I am traveling Sun. so I will not post (other than maybe a brief wrap as I'll try to catch some on my phone) much during that game.   

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This is pretty hard to believe that it's been 20 years.

Pete DiPrimio‏ @pdiprimio 

Also, IU soccer is 2-0 in the Big Ten for the first time since 1998, when I was just 2 years old!

2012. Won first 3 big ten games