Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS vs Northwestern - 7 pm 9/26

We host the Wildcats (4-2-2, 0-1-1) tonight. Go Hoosiers!

SERIES HISTORY
• In the overall series between the Hoosiers and the Wildcats, Indiana leads 28-2-7.
• The Hoosiers have won two-straight matches in the series and are unbeaten in the last 11 games, posting a record of 5-0-6.
• IU's last loss to the Wildcats came on Oct. 25, 2009 in Evanston, Ill.
• Last season, the Hoosiers beat the Wildcats, 2-0, thanks to goals from Mason Toye and Cory Thomas. Trey Muse made two saves in recording the shutout.

Preview

Live Stats

B1G Standings

Should be one we control from the beginning. 

And as an aside, we're rolling and really are the number one team in the country right now. Double OT loss at Wake to open the season and we've been killing it since. Wake hasn't played anyone since except for NC State. Their schedule is completely backloaded with Duke, Virginia, and Louisville. Kudos to Coach Yeagley for putting together another challenging OOC slate to get this squad ready for the NCAAT.

Postponed till tomorrow at 7pm. Good decision. Forecast is a train wreck today and much better tomorrow night. A wet field is the one thing that allows an inferior team like NW to hang in there better so now our normal talent advantage is restored tomorrow with a dry field.

Only sucky thing is we lose the BTN broadcast as (ironically) IU has a volleyball match on BTN at the new time. Twitter account still says TV/Streaming is TBA and they will announce shortly but if I am a betting man it will go to BTN2go. The question is though will they use a normal multi camera BTN2go broadcast or a crappy one camera in house cast (trust me there is a big difference). Also not sure if they make it free since tonights game with BTN was suppose to be free (I have the subscription but I know a lot don't). Will post update for broadcast when IU announces. May go down to Btown tomorrow to watch if it's an in house broadcast as those are really hard to watch and see.    

IU never posted a twitter update but they updated the preview story to say it is being streamed on BTN2go as I expected. Still not sure (and we may not know until game time) if it will be free given its a BTN reschedule or if it will use the good BTN2go multiple camera's.

Looks like weather is better than thought tonight but they had to make a call before NW travelled and it will still be a soaked field with a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow night looks gorgeous so I have no problem with them moving it.  

Update: Looks like tonight's match will require the normal BTN2go Subscription (if you are planning on buying for Hoosier Hysteria you can buy for rest of month now to watch tonight but remember to cancel at end of month or you will be auto billed for each month till you cancel).

Still not sure what quality the camera will be and won't know until start (I am guessing it will be low quality given the make up from yesterday) but hopefully having a Roku stick to watch on big screen will help somewhat. I'll provide updates throughout the match assuming you can see things halfway decent on the camera. 

25 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I plan on getting BTN subscription to get HH and the exhibition game and if they have a game or 2 of the schedule.

I remember though, they make it very difficult to cancel. Several hurdles to jump through.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've been cancelling the subscription for several years and never had a problem. I think you had to email to cancel originally and now its just hitting a cancel button.

55 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I plan on getting BTN subscription to get HH and the exhibition game and if they have a game or 2 of the schedule.

I remember though, they make it very difficult to cancel. Several hurdles to jump through.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

29 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I've been cancelling the subscription for several years and never had a problem. I think you had to email to cancel originally and now its just hitting a cancel button.

Yup it's easy to cancel. I thought the same thing that its hard but its not. 

All you have to do is click on where it says 'my account' below the 'BTN Plus' logo when you hit the arrow down in the top right corner of the page once you sign in. Than click the third link down that says 'my subscriptions' and there's an option that says 'cancel subscription'.

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Was it always that easy. I seem to remember having to cancel my bank account. But had a toddler since then so my memory is ****

Its gotten much easier with the instructions I gave. It use to be a huge pain.

I keep mine and pay $80 once a year every September since I watch almost every men's soccer and baseball game as well as a few women's soccer, women's basketball, softball and volleyball games. Obviously though that's not for everyone.

I cannot guarantee the quality of the broadcast tonight with it being a makeup but if anyone plans on buying for Hoosier Hysteria Saturday you might as well buy for tonight and than cancel Sunday (don't forget or you will be charged for October) to watch soccer since they will charge you for whole month of September regardless.

12 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Its gotten much easier with the instructions I gave. It use to be a huge pain.

I keep mine and pay $80 once a year every September since I watch almost every men's soccer and baseball game as well as a few women's soccer, women's basketball, softball and volleyball games. Obviously though that's not for everyone.

I cannot guarantee the quality of the broadcast tonight with it being a makeup but if anyone plans on buying for Hoosier Hysteria Saturday you might as well buy for tonight and than cancel Sunday (don't forget or you will be charged for October) to watch soccer since they will charge you for whole month of September regardless.

Once I no longer work second shift I would probably buy it.

Finally around the parked bus as Rennicks took out about 4 defenders driving in and around the box and tucked one under the keeper from short distance. Literally felt like he was running hurdles around an obstacle course to score that. NW playing 5-6 guys in front of the goal all night and will keep doing that till when/if we get a second.

Having these fast 5 star guys with the talent of Rennicks and Dorsey has made all the difference in the world in getting these buses un-parked against teams like this last 2 yrs.   

As much as Tim Lenahan annoys the hell out of me with his coaching and strategy he sure knows what he's doing. He parks the bus impeccably with incredible discipline and is a master strategist. All he's missing is a go to scorer and NW can park the bus and be extremely dangerous going forward (right now they can just very effectively park the bus as they trail 10-0 in shots). Lenahan had a go to scorer a few yrs ago with a guy named Joey Calistri (who's now is the USL which is same league as Indy 11) and those NW teams were really good. 

This game is a perfect example why having the 5* recruits matter. We had 0 chance of scoring with 5-6 guys in front of goal all night from 2014-16 when we had Hollinger Janzen and than Hyacinth and a team played like this. With Toye last yr and now Rennicks you have guys that have the talent and speed to dribble around and through parked buses somewhat which is huge and has made all the difference. 

The broadcast on a Roku stick on a big screen is still a little blury but you don't lose track of the ball or game as I always do with these crappy one camera broadcasts on the computer. Also no clock or scoreboard on broadcast so I set my cell phone with a timer to count that (you have to be resourceful).

Just bring this home with another goal (which won't be easy) or by keeping them from scoring (fairly likely although don't count your chickens as one fluke goal or deflection can always happen).