Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

IU vs MSU: 9/22 7:30PM BTN

In terms of advanced statistics for those of us that enjoy looking at them:

IU S&P+ Rank: 23

IU Off. S&P+ Rank: 52

IU Def. S&P+ Rank: 16

IU Special Teams S&P+ Rank: 96

MSU S&P+ Rank: 20

MSU Off. S&P+ Rank: 34

MSU Def. S&P+ Rank: 28

MSU Special Teams S&P+ Rank: 29

Bill Connelly gives us a 53% chance of winning this game. ESPN's Football Power Index still ranks MSU as the 13th. best team in the country and therefore only give us 21% chance of winning.

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check as I had us losing this game before the season started; but with the way we've been playing and the improvement we've seen week after week, its hard not to get excited....this is just a huge opportunity for this team! 

Just now, ThompsonHoosier said:

In terms of advanced statistics for those of us that enjoy looking at them:

IU S&P+ Rank: 23

IU Off. S&P+ Rank: 52

IU Def. S&P+ Rank: 16

IU Special Teams S&P+ Rank: 96

MSU S&P+ Rank: 20

MSU Off. S&P+ Rank: 34

MSU Def. S&P+ Rank: 28

MSU Special Teams S&P+ Rank: 29

Bill Connelly gives us a 53% chance of winning this game. ESPN's Football Power Index still ranks MSU as the 13th. best team in the country and therefore only give us 21% chance of winning.

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check as I had us losing this game before the season started; but with the way we've been playing and the improvement we've seen week after week, its hard not to get excited....this is just a huge opportunity for this team! 

Agreed. Keeping my expectations down. But if we beat MSU I may starting getting caught up in the hype

Even though MSU only lost 3 starters..... and have only played 2 games their defense doesn’t seem to be as athletic or fast. I watched their first two games and granted every team typically looks slow in first game, but they still looked off against ASU. LJ Scott has not looked like his dominant self to start the season either. I’m sure Coach Dtonio got into them good during the bye week, and I don’t think this game is a cakewalk but I think the Hoosiers have made strides since our week 1 showing. A typical Hoosier team would have found a way to keep BSU in the game. Look back to 2016 when IU was up 30-0 and BSU came back to make it 30-20. There’s just something different about this team that is very young. I’m not trying to blow smoke or hype this train up even more but I have a feeling that this team is something special I’m not saying go into buckeye land and upset buckeyes, but I believe this team can hold its own with some of the year in year out high caliber big ten teams....Iowa, MSU, Michigan even given what they have done in recent years. I’m excited and we have a legit shot at getting to 4-0 this Saturday starting at 7:30. 

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

Indiana hasn’t received a single vote in the AP poll since week 6 of 2016. What happened? We beat Michigan State on a last second field goal. Here is to hoping that beating them this time puts us squarely in the top 25.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not sure it would catapult us that far but one could surmise that we would receive votes. Now...if win wood-shed style, that might shoot us into the rankings. 

Rocking my crimson colored glasses this week!  

This is a very important game for our bowl hopes. Before the season, I thought this would be reallly tough. I have watched MSU and come away fairly unimpressed given the expectations that came with them. In other words, it's going to be very winnable. 

That coupled with the fact that we get arguably one of the worst two teams in the conference next week (Rutgers), who lost against another miserable team Kansas by a lot and we could be starting off 5-0. That would be incredibly exciting and the level of optimism about the program and outlook on the season would soar. 

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Agreed. Keeping my expectations down. But if we beat MSU I may starting getting caught up in the hype

I'd argue that at 4-0 it's not really "hype" any longer, but results.  This isn't must-win, but boy it makes the path to a  truly break-out season pretty simple.  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Good job by Ken...whoever he is!

http://www.kensrankings.com/

image.png.f81aa80aa96f55fc19c1c346f27ada53.png

" I got a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics with an emphasis in Statistics. I chose this major because I love identifying patterns. I decided to create this website to merge my love of sports with my love of math"

....I guess the numbers don't lie, the Hoosiers are the 3rd. best team in the country! We'll see you in January Bama!

17 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

" I got a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics with an emphasis in Statistics. I chose this major because I love identifying patterns. I decided to create this website to merge my love of sports with my love of math"

....I guess the numbers don't lie, the Hoosiers are the 3rd. best team in the country! We'll see you in January Bama!

Looks and reads like a Purdude - not sure I trust him  ;)

On 9/18/2018 at 7:24 AM, Stuhoo said:

Good job by Ken...whoever he is!

http://www.kensrankings.com/

On 9/18/2018 at 9:23 AM, ThompsonHoosier said:

LOL!!!  Here's to hope.  

His formula must put the Irish up there.  Because Richmond, Central Connecticut, Old Dominion, UMass,  and Ohio aren't really SOS power houses.  Ya feelin' me?

In regards to this game, if IU can run the ball and stop the run I like the Hoosiers' chances.  It will all come down to the front 5 and front 7 though.  I'd like to see some defensive takeaways that results into points.  If that happens IU has a really good chance winning the game.  

If anyone hears about parking passes for the grass lot please let me know. I was told today that the closest spot to park was the parking garage on fee lane. No way I'm parking that far away. I have some calls out but these parking passes are like gold around here these days. Fred sure has messed up some good tailgating. 

7 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I didn't realize parking was such an issue. Is this an ongoing thing?  I'll need the same for the Bucket Game then. Anyone?! :)

Yes, they have sold out of the grass parking passes each game. Fred sold a lot of parking passes to businesses so they can have their own tent, for their own tailgate for $3K a season. So there are a lot fewer grass parking passes this season, and I was told scalpers have bought lots of those and are now selling them for $200 on stubhub. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

If anyone hears about parking passes for the grass lot please let me know. I was told today that the closest spot to park was the parking garage on fee lane. No way I'm parking that far away. I have some calls out but these parking passes are like gold around here these days. Fred sure has messed up some good tailgating. 

Corner of Fee and 17th... across 46 at that church are both open.