Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS @ Wisconsin - 4 pm/BTN

We open B1G play against the Badgers. Finally some TV time. Go Hoosiers!

Preview

Live Stats

B1G Standings

SCOUTING THE BADGERS
• The Wisconsin Badgers enter Sunday's match with the Hoosiers with an overall record of 2-3-1 on the season.
• Last Sunday, the Badgers battled Bradley to a 0-0 draw in Peoria, Ill.
• Wisconsin has wins this season over Hartford and Valparaiso.
• In a preseason poll conducted of the league's coaches, Wisconsin was tabbed to finish fifth in the Big Ten.
• MF Mitch Guitar, MF Noah Leibold and D Robin Olofsson were all named to the Big Ten Preseason Honors List.

SERIES HISTORY
• In the overall series between the Hoosiers and the Badgers, Indiana leads 37-5-9.
• The Hoosiers are 11-4-5 all-time in Madison, with the team's last win at Wisconsin coming on Sept. 25, 2009 (1-0).
• Last year, Indiana beat the Badgers, 2-1, in double overtime in Bloomington in the regular season, but saw Wisconsin win the Big Ten Tournament Championship in a penalty kick shootout.

I wish they had asked me before they ranked Wiscy 12th preseason. These preseason polls rely way to much on previous yr and do not take into account player loses (especially in Soccer). Nobody lost more than Wiscy to graduation and when I saw that ranking I laughed my head off and predictably they lost it fast.

Wiscy already had an average D but last yr had 4 legitimate scorers (Segbers, Catlano, Mueller and Barlow) that made them the most dangerous offense in Big Ten (think of it as 4 Mason Toye's). Now they graduated everyone of those guys and predictably their offense has gone in toilet to go with their already average D since they don't have elite guys waiting on the bench like an IU or Maryland.

Given our D and this now lackluster Wisconsin O I expect a rather easy shutout. The only question will be when Wisconsin parks the bus early like most inferior teams if we can score on them early and then the game will be basically over. I could see either a 0-0 tie or a 2-0 nothing win or higher. Last yr Wiscy didn't park the bus since they were not afraid to give up goals since they knew they would quickly match them. Now with a lackluster offense they're back to that mostly since giving up a goal is deadly to them.

Remember game is on BTN. Also I got a roku stick so I no longer have to use my computer to Watch BTN so I can post as we go must easier as game goes on.

We ran circles around them and were unlucky not to have a third as Wiscy cleared a ball off the line mid half.

Wiscy also lost their goalkeeper Schilling from last year who was able to mask a pretty bad D (Butler has had the same issue this year losing their goal keeper from last year who hid a bad D which has caused them to struggle as well) which worked fine with their ability to score.

With none of that this year this Wiscy team looks listless and we are appropriately running them over. Our ability the last couple years too un-park the bus quickly and score early against vastly inferior teams has been huge and continued into today.