Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs Ball State 9/15 12 pm BTN

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Show me one time where I said he sucks.  (If anyone has actually read this thread, your credibility is zero, but whatever)   I'll wait.    And I'll also wait for any evidence to the contrary that I've said he can't throw the ball down the field consistently or very well.    Come on, fan boy.  Let's see what you've got.   Now, you have to create what I have said.   Well done!

You consistently say that he cannot throw the ball downfield even though he has shown the ability to do it on numerous occasions. You give no evidence that he can't throw the ball downfield, you only chant "he just can't, he just can't, he just can't" over and over again.

You can resort to personal attacks all you want, people tend to do that when they have nothing to back up their claims. You say that my credibility is zero, but you want to use examples from a year ago to argue that Rasmey can't throw now. That's pretty weak evidence when the kid has shown substantial improvement from a year ago. I'm not a Ramsey fan boy, I just have common sense. He has great accuracy, doesn't make mistakes, and can throw the ball downfield when asked to. 

Lol. I’m sure the coaches have had this debate all offseason/preseason with each other.

Both parties are right. When he throws downfield it lacks zip and also is slightly under-thrown.

But, he has completed numerous downfield passes. So it has worked. He is definitely a great game manager with great consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

12 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

So your solution to defenses making adjustments to our offense is to play a style that hinders our defensive capability? 

??   I don't understand that question.  I didn't offer any solution because the only real solution isn't on this team right now.   Ramsey is as good as we have, but he's limited.  Why is that such a crime to discuss?    There is no solution to defenses making adjustments if we stay w Ramsey.  That was proven a year ago.   I said he's limited and he is.  That's reality.  If we stay with him; there is a definite ceiling to our team.    That ceiling probably means 7-8 wins because the team is better around him.  And it's just fine with me because I don't think Indiana needs to shoot consistently higher than that.    Ramsey is limited.

Andrew Luck makes consistently dumb decisions to throw the ball into traffic.  Can we discuss that without a hissy fit by some?   Ramsey struggles throwing the ball down the field and doesn't hit tight windows.   Anyone who watches and says otherwise is being intellectually dishonest.  That's just conversation about 2 quarterbacks, but for some reason and to some guys here, it's taboo to talk about Ramsey's relatively weak arm.  He has a weak arm for a Big Ten QB.    Fact.  His YPA average is very low.  Fact.