Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs Ball State 9/15 12 pm BTN

6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

We might be.....(clears throat..prepares to duck)   REALLY a good football team.

I would agree. We have to be able to get some more pressure on the QB, I've loved how we have looked though. Genius to not use Walker until today. He looked solid. 

Clearly Ramsey is just going to be a polarizing individual here. However, I don't really recall people being that down on him. Suggesting someone has limitations is not getting down on a guy it's just stating an observation. He did well again today but I still am on the side of him being a game manager rather than game changer. That's just fine with me and it may be exactly what this team needs especially if the running game can continue to thrive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He only under threw them because of the weather. I was there. It was incredible he threw it as well as he did. 

People keep forgetting that they played in a monsoon last week and he still completed 73% of his passes. Completed 74% of them this afternoon. I don't know how much more evidence some people need to see that he can throw the ball downfield. Every week we see him do it but their story stays the same. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

People keep forgetting that they played in a monsoon last week and he still completed 73% of his passes. Completed 74% of them this afternoon. I don't know how much more evidence some people need to see that he can throw the ball downfield. Every week we see him do it but their story stays the same. 

If you can hit your guy 73% of the time you don’t need to throw it very far. 10 yards will do. As long as you have a run game. 

Hes not going to lose us the game that’s what this team needs. 

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I still say the playcalling is vanilla with Ramsey and would like to see that opened up to get a better gauge.

47 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I still say the playcalling is vanilla with Ramsey and would like to see that opened up to get a better gauge.

I'd like to see the playbook opened up too. The second half today would've been a good opportunity to do that, imo. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

He only under threw them because of the weather. I was there. It was incredible he threw it as well as he did. 

Think that's an excuse.  "He only?"    No.  He struggles throwing the ball down the field regardless of conditions.   If a pass needs a parabola, he struggles.  Why do you think his career YPA number is so low and his completion percentage high?    Because he's limited and struggles to throw the ball down the field.  His receivers made him look good several times even today; and he throws a lot of horizontal passes.  Look, he's a good game manager.  He's limited.  You, Hoosiers2017, and Josh all need to realize that.   There is a reason the playbook is limited.  You blame DeBord....but there's a reason it hasn't been opened up.   

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I'd like to see the playbook opened up too. The second half today would've been a good opportunity to do that, imo. 

Again, there is a reason it hasn't been.   He's not accurate down the field.  He's just not.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

If you can hit your guy 73% of the time you don’t need to throw it very far. 10 yards will do. As long as you have a run game. 

Hes not going to lose us the game that’s what this team needs. 

You don't need to against zone teams like Ball State or when teams give you the underneath stuff.  We saw a year ago when teams played press or man, and took away the underneath stuff, Ramsey was not very good.   Against Michigan State last year for example.   Threw for about 150 yards, less than 5 yards per attempt, and Indiana scored 9 points in a game they should have won pretty easily.    Same thing against Michigan.  Completion % under 50%, less than 5 yards per attempt, Indiana struggles to score.   He was wretched against Penn State.  There is a stat called "Adjusted yards per attempt;" and he was 3.1 that day.  PASSING.   The guy is limited.  He just is.  The same cast of characters can fight it all they want; but that doesn't change the truth.   As bad as Lagow was a year ago, he still averaged a half yard more per attempt than Ramsey did.   

43 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

You don't need to against zone teams like Ball State or when teams give you the underneath stuff.  We saw a year ago when teams played press or man, and took away the underneath stuff, Ramsey was not very good.   Against Michigan State last year for example.   Threw for about 150 yards, less than 5 yards per attempt, and Indiana scored 9 points in a game they should have won pretty easily.    Same thing against Michigan.  Completion % under 50%, less than 5 yards per attempt, Indiana struggles to score.   He was wretched against Penn State.  There is a stat called "Adjusted yards per attempt;" and he was 3.1 that day.  PASSING.   The guy is limited.  He just is.  The same cast of characters can fight it all they want; but that doesn't change the truth.   As bad as Lagow was a year ago, he still averaged a half yard more per attempt than Ramsey did.   

A half yard? Wow! 

You can say "he just isn't" all you want but you're not right. We've seen him throw the ball downfield before. Idk if you close your eyes on those plays or what, but they still happen. You want to keep going back to what happened last season instead of how he's played this one. Probably because it's hard to complain about completing 74% of his passes and starting the year 3-0. 

12 hours ago, Josh said:

Where is this picture taken from?  It looks like you have Bob Euchre seats lol

LOL!!!  I just realized which picture you were talking about!  I took that for my college roommate to see how much the stadium has changed.  When I put it on here from my phone, I put the wrong one- meant to put a pic from our seats, and didn't check which one you quoted, ha!

3 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Think that's an excuse.  "He only?"    No.  He struggles throwing the ball down the field regardless of conditions.   If a pass needs a parabola, he struggles.  Why do you think his career YPA number is so low and his completion percentage high?    Because he's limited and struggles to throw the ball down the field.  His receivers made him look good several times even today; and he throws a lot of horizontal passes.  Look, he's a good game manager.  He's limited.  You, Hoosiers2017, and Josh all need to realize that.   There is a reason the playbook is limited.  You blame DeBord....but there's a reason it hasn't been opened up.   

I would say he certainly isnt an elite down the field passer, but he isnt lacking. I've went over multiple times the injuries we had in the WR core last year.  Let alone his own injuries. I haven't blamed DeBord for anything lol I like Debord, loved him at UT. 

You think a game where its pouring and windy is an excuse why he couldn't throw the ball downfield hardly at all? Lol not sure what to tell you there. Again.. I was there. 

I don't agree with you often but in this instance you're spot on. I like the kid and it seems things are working as of now but yes he is asked to do little in the way of vertical passing.

28 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I don't agree with you often but in this instance you're spot on. I like the kid and it seems things are working as of now but yes he is asked to do little in the way of vertical passing.

As long as he can get the ball to our big playmakers, I'm fine with shorter routes. One of the greatest qb''s ever has made a living throwing underneath and letting receivers do the work (YAC). Still have to take shots to keep the defense honest. Ramsey is more than capable of those things, plus the threat with his legs.                                     A lot of talent on that side of the ball is exciting! 

Just win baby!  If Ramsey throws for 100 yards with an average of 3 yards per attempt while IU wins I couldn't care less.  We just need him to not turn it over and be a dual threat.  I do think Penix has more zip on his passes and will be able to get it downfield better in the future.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Just win baby!  If Ramsey throws for 100 yards with an average of 3 yards per attempt while IU wins I couldn't care less.  We just need him to not turn it over and be a dual threat.  I do think Penix has more zip on his passes and will be able to get it downfield better in the future.

Nope the only thing that matters is throwing downfield. Which is why the boiler makers won yesterday with their gunslinger. 

If you score 30 points a game and dont turn it over good things are gonna happen with a decent defense. It doesnt matter how you score the 30.