Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs Ball State 9/15 12 pm BTN

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Solid win with a lot of younger players get some time. Special teams had a much better outing and the offense looked better. Defense gave up their one score a half again but settled down after.

Hopefully we compete and beat MSU. 4-0 would be huge!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed. And we follow that up with 5-0 then this program will really start generating some buzz on campus. 

From 247

It was another big game for running back Stevie Scott. After another big return from J-Shun Harris put IU at the Cardinal 38, Scott had all the yards of the touchdown drive including a nine-yard scoring run. For the game he finished with 114 yards, becoming the fourth true freshman at Indiana to go for back-to-back 100 yard plus rushing games. Scott accomplished the feat earlier than any other true frosh has at Indiana.

Ramsey had a huge first half, accounted for 216 of Indiana’s 287 yards. He connected on 20 of his first 25 passes and good reads on offense were a big reason for his 43 yards rushing in the first half.  For the game Ramsey was 20-for-27 for 173 yards.

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From 247

It was another big game for running back Stevie Scott. After another big return from J-Shun Harris put IU at the Cardinal 38, Scott had all the yards of the touchdown drive including a nine-yard scoring run. For the game he finished with 114 yards, becoming the fourth true freshman at Indiana to go for back-to-back 100 yard plus rushing games. Scott accomplished the feat earlier than any other true frosh has at Indiana.

Ramsey had a huge first half, accounted for 216 of Indiana’s 287 yards. He connected on 20 of his first 25 passes and good reads on offense were a big reason for his 43 yards rushing in the first half.  For the game Ramsey was 20-for-27 for 173 yards.

Yet some people won’t give Ransey any credit?

29 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yet some people won’t give Ransey any credit?

Ramsey is a fine game manager.   He does well with short, low risk throws and isn't prone to big mistakes.   He is limited though; and when teams take away his ability to run, as we saw a year ago, Indiana really struggles.   He does not do well throwing the ball down the field.  (even when he had completions down the field last week, he under threw receivers who had to make plays to complete throws)   For his career, he averages between 5.7 and 6.0 yards per attempt, pretty consistently.   That is a low number.    A very conservative number.  He's doing just fine from a game management standpoint, however I think it's pretty obvious he has a ceiling; and rather than heap praise on one guy who's kinda vanilla; I'd rather heap praise on the entire team -players and coaches - who are ALL doing a hell of a job; Ramsey among them.

6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Ramsey is a fine game manager.   He does well with short, low risk throws and isn't prone to big mistakes.   He is limited though; and when teams take away his ability to run, as we saw a year ago, Indiana really struggles.   He does not do well throwing the ball down the field.  (even when he had completions down the field last week, he under threw receivers who had to make plays to complete throws)   For his career, he averages between 5.7 and 6.0 yards per attempt, pretty consistently.   That is a low number.    A very conservative number.  He's doing just fine from a game management standpoint, however I think it's pretty obvious he has a ceiling; and rather than heap praise on one guy who's kinda vanilla; I'd rather heap praise on the entire team -players and coaches - who are ALL doing a hell of a job; Ramsey among them.

He only under threw them because of the weather. I was there. It was incredible he threw it as well as he did.