Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs Ball State 9/15 12 pm BTN

First- this is my first IU game in 18 years, and my daughter’s first college football game! Now for the other stuff lol.

IU favored by 14.5, up from 14 Monday. Over/under of 59.

Setting The Scene

•Indiana (2-0) closes out its non-conference slate when it welcomes Ball State (1-1) to Memorial Stadium (52,656; FieldTurf) on Saturday, Sept. 15. Kickoff is set for noon EDT on BTN.

•The Hoosiers earned a 30-20 victory the last time the two teams met on Sept. 10, 2016, in Bloomington.

•IU is 38-9-1 (.802) all-time against Mid-American Conference opponents.

•Indiana has won 13 of its last 14 regular season non-conference games, including five straight overall, nine of the last 10 at home and five consecutive on the road.

News & Notes

•Indiana is looking to start 3-0 for the 17th time in program history.

•IU opened 2-0 for the third time in four seasons.

•The Hoosiers improved to 41-18 in Memorial Stadium openers with wins in 15 of their last 17 and 32 of their last 37 after their 20-16 victory over Virginia last weekend.

•Stevie Scott earned Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors.

•He rushed for 204 yards on 31 carries (6.6 average) with his first career touchdown, a 40-yarder.

•His 204 yards are the second-most for an Indiana true freshman back, three shy of Anthony Thompson's mark set vs. Wisconsin on Nov. 1, 1986.

•Scott leads all freshmen nationally with 51 carries (T-5th overall) and is second with 274 rushing yards (T-8th).

•IU limited UVA to 294 total yards and just 106 through the air.

•Nine Hoosiers combined for nine tackles for loss against the Cavaliers.

•Senior safety Jonathan Crawford made his 40th career start in the contest. He has started every game since his arrival on campus.

•Eighteen Indiana freshmen (10 true, 8 redshirt) have seen the field through two games.

•IU is the 19th youngest team in the country and the fourth youngest in the Big Ten. Seventy-seven of the 116 (66.4 percent) Hoosiers are underclassmen (55 freshmen - 31 true, 22 sophomores).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Need some advice for Saturday.  I have to leave the stadium and drive to Lawrence Central High School in Indy (taking 37 to 465, yay).  Per gps, this should take about 1 hour 15 minutes.  I generally don't take 37 at all (I just hit 46 from Columbus usually), and have heard the nightmare stories.  Is taking 37 north as bad as taking it into Bloomington?  

39 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Two lanes of traffic in each direction are open on gamedays so there shouldn’t be any backups.

Thanks!  Having that weight off of knowing my route will let me enjoy my time a little more!  

Ball St. hung around with a Notre Dame team that beat Michigan pretty handily the previous week. Is Michigan not as good as people think? Is Ball State better than we think? or did Notre Dame simply underestimate Ball State?

Either way, I hope we see a game where we take control early and give our second unit some playing time in the second half.

I’m going to attempt to come down for the game I’ve been under the weather since Tuesday. Docs said it’s a virus but don’t know what. I’ve broke my fever during the day but at night during sleep it comes back lol. Fevers have been 102-103.5 lol. But I can’t stand to miss another home game after not being able to go last weekend due to a wedding in MN. Come on meds. Go Hoosiers. 

20 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Ball St. hung around with a Notre Dame team that beat Michigan pretty handily the previous week. Is Michigan not as good as people think? Is Ball State better than we think? or did Notre Dame simply underestimate Ball State?

Either way, I hope we see a game where we take control early and give our second unit some playing time in the second half.

I think it’s both Michigan stinks and Ball State is formidable

48 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Why do I not feel good about this game? Why is this such a game IU would lose?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have that same weird gut feeling. I'm hoping it's the Taco Bell and Zima chasers this morning. 

Well looks like I won’t make it. Broke fever yesterday to wake up with another 102.4. So I’m currently sitting at immediate care as they implement a new system today. Fevers since Tuesday. What a day. Go Hoosiers 

A 3-0 start and looking ahead to an MSU team that hasn't played great and has an early bye this week? Let's just hope we continue to show improvement on both sides of the field and get out of this game injury free.

This would be huge if IU can start 3-0. Have to bring it though. Hopefully, Stevie Scott’s game against Virginia wasn’t a fluke. I like his game

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk