Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierAloha

College/Big Ten & NFL Pick am

Would people be interested in doing a weekly pick em?  We did this at work before and it was a lot of fun.  We could do it in many different ways; NFL only, college only, Big Ten only, or some combination.  I could post a list of games weekly and everyone could post their picks.  In the past, we did the MNF pick/score as the decider in case of a tie.  I was thinking we could do 20-25 games weekly.  If there is enough interest I'd like to get this going this week. 

Maybe I should do a poll of what games to include?

When we did it at work we would include coworkers favorite teams (college and pro) and round it out with top 25 cfb. Ideally, is like to get 20-25 games. When we really get into conference season that's 7 games a week max.

I could probably do a separate pick em for college and the NFL too. If you want to play one but not the other you could.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Would people be interested in doing a weekly pick em?  We did this at work before and it was a lot of fun.  We could do it in many different ways; NFL only, college only, Big Ten only, or some combination.  I could post a list of games weekly and everyone could post their picks.  In the past, we did the MNF pick/score as the decider in case of a tie.  I was thinking we could do 20-25 games weekly.  If there is enough interest I'd like to get this going this week. 

Tried to send you this as a pm but you're not accepting my messages and my feelings are seriously hurt!  lol

Our local Rotary and Kiwanis clubs have an annual pick em contest so I asked a Kiwanian how they run theirs.  They have 25 games with a maximum possible score of 45 points.  Games 1-10 worth 2 points each; games 11-25 worth 1 point each; bonus of 10 points if you get the top 3 games correct.  They only use college games and every B1G conference game is included but not necessarily OOC games if they're perceived as a blowout.  They also drop down to the lower level schools and include the likes of Butler/Hanover/ISU/Wabash but not necessarily every week.  Sent solely as an FYI.

Tried to send you this as a pm but you're not accepting my messages and my feelings are seriously hurt!  lol
Our local Rotary and Kiwanis clubs have an annual pick em contest so I asked a Kiwanian how they run theirs.  They have 25 games with a maximum possible score of 45 points.  Games 1-10 worth 2 points each; games 11-25 worth 1 point each; bonus of 10 points if you get the top 3 games correct.  They only use college games and every B1G conference game is included but not necessarily OOC games if they're perceived as a blowout.  They also drop down to the lower level schools and include the likes of Butler/Hanover/ISU/Wabash but not necessarily every week.  Sent solely as an FYI.

Thanks for the info Mr. Old Fart! I might need to delete a few DMs..?

I do like the idea of a point system, maybe Big Ten conference games worth more?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Count me in. Used to participate in a pool on footballbunker.com a few years ago. I believe it was nfl only, but they already have the full season schedule plugged in, the only administration involved was putting the group together if that would make it any easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using BtownBanners mobile app