Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS @ Notre Dame

We take on the #12 Irish tonight @ 7 pm. WatchESPN is streaming this for free. Should be a good one. Go Hoosiers!

SCOUTING THE FIGHTING IRISH
• Notre Dame enters Tuesday's match with the Hoosiers with an overall record of 3-0-1 on the season.
• The Fighting Irish have tallied wins over Valparaiso, No. 18 UConn and No. 22 Dartmouth. UND played Saint Louis to a 1-1 draw.
• Patrick Berneski leads the Irish with four goals on the season. No other player has more than one score this year.
• Prior to the season, Notre Dame was tabbed to finish fourth in the Coastal Division of the ACC in poll conducted of the league's coaches.

SERIES HISTORY
• In the overall series between the Hoosiers and the Fighting Irish, Indiana leads 29-9-3.
• The Hoosiers are 14-3-2 overall in South Bend, with IU's last win at Alumni Stadium coming on Nov. 25, 2012 in the NCAA Tournament. Indiana beat No. 1-seeded Notre Dame, 2-1, in double-overtime.
• The last three matches in the series have been tight, with each team earning three wins.

Preview

Stream

Live Stats

Most likely headed up to South Bend for game tonight so only minimal posts by me during game. With that said exited for what should be a great game with a team that is actually on our level which are most fun to watch. Don't forget about the WATCH ESPN stream for free for those not going.

Let's get it on!

gk   1    MUSE,TREY    
d     5    MEHL,TIMMY    
d     6    MAHER,JACK    
f    10    RENNICKS,JUSTIN    
m  11    THOMAS,CORY    
m  12    PANCHOT,AUSTIN  
m  13    MOORE,FRANCESCO    
d   15    GUTMAN,ANDREW   
m  17    GUTJAHR,JEREMIAH  
d   19    BUCKMASTER,RECE   
m  21    GLASS,SPENCER  

Greetings from South Bend (for 3rd time)! Nice IU crowd and bleachers face right way away from sun so no complaints so far. Expecting a great even game between 2 elite teams which is my favorite as it means both teams playing D with normal numbers and no parked buses.

Wonderful match so far. These teams foil each other well and allow few chances on either side. Both teams elite D's that don't allow an inch while IU is stronger in Mid and ND stronger at front. Game is 0-0 just as it should be.

2 big surprises tonight:

1. Dorsey is back and playing off bench which was not expected.

2. Crowd is strong but not full as I would have expected given this stadium is not huge (2,500). Also no student section. When I first came in 2011 here at ND before Glass added the bleachers and student section at Armstrong on track, I was not happy they had bleachers for students behind the goals and we had none. Now they have eliminated those and we still have the student section on field so roles reversed.

Warning: I want to get out of here fast since I won't be home till 1130-12 as is so I will not post recap till i'm back in Indy regardless of what happens.

it took me 21 yrs but I got my first Golden Goal win by IU ever in person. This was after the first PK shootout win I saw in person in Elite 8 last year so I have seen the 2 most dramatic IU wins I have been at in the span of 9 months.

As for the second half we did not play up to our standards at all the first 25 minutes and Muse had to bail us out several times. After ND got a well earned goal the momentum flipped our way and we scored when a ND defender slipped in front of the box and Swartz took control of the ball and crossed it to Palazzolo at the far post who headed it in. This happened in front of me and all the IU fans. The crowd was basically split 50-50 with the right side of the bleacher being almost all IU fans and the left side being ND fans. The winning goal happened on the far end away from me and in front of the ND fans as Swartz put a corner kick into Kleyn mid box who flicked it on and Rennicks tucked it home as he was parked in front of goal. In replay it looked like Rennicks may have been off sides and one of the linesman ruled that only to be overruled by head referee and the goal was allowed to stand. They actually took the goal of the scoreboard for a second after adding it only to put it back on. 

Overall great game and given ND has a defense as good as ours I was stunned we equalized but it shows how good this team is. Its weird walking into an IU athletic event at ND and its the only place in the state (I have been to at least one IU event at every university in this state so I know this) where you don't feel like it is the other teams Super Bowl and they have an inferiority complex. IU fans chanted several times with IU cheers throughout the match and ND fans didn't care or respond. If this was done anywhere else in state (especially at PU, Butler or ISU) you would have the other teams fans respond and boo but ND fans didn't even care. Also crowd was only 1,500 (about half IU fans) which is extremely disappointing on ND's part and surprising. I expected standing room only on a gorgeous night but only got a 3/4 full stadium. The IU ND game in Btown the last couple times has drawn over 4,000 each and I expected 3K from ND tonight (the maximum there stadium can really hold).

With all that said they have a facility that is probably nicer than Armstrong in amenities but is very crammed and only has seats on 1 side.

Overall great night and great game. Glad I made the trip! We are certainly in line for the top seed in NCAA tourney if we take care of business.

OK soccer experts help me out; I readily admit I do not fully understand the rules of soccer.  I've watched the replay innumerable times but still have no clear understanding of what the 'controversy' was all about.   And remember your explanations need to be such that even an old fart can understand.   Thanks one and all.