Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

We host the Rams tonight @ 8 pm. Dorsey was called up for the U20 team and will miss the next 2 games. Go Hoosiers!

SCOUTING THE RAMS
• VCU was picked to finish second in the Atlantic 10 in a tight race with Fordham for the top spot. VCU earned 149 points and four first-place votes, while Fordham had 158 points and six first-place votes in the poll.
• MF Siad Haji was named to the Preseason All-Atlantic 10 team and leads the Rams with two goals and an assist this season.
• After losing the first match of the season to Georgia Southern, 2-0, the Rams have reeled off three-straight wins against Radford, Temple and Santa Clara.
• Friday's match vs. the Hoosiers will be VCU's first away from Richmond, Va. this season.

SERIES HISTORY
• Friday's match between the Hoosiers and the Rams will be the third all-time meeting, with the series tied at 1-1-0.
• IU defeated VCU, 5-0, in the NCAA Tournament in 2003 in Bloomington, but fell on the road in Richmond in 2013, 1-0.

Preview

Live Stats

While it won't be the monsoon Saturday that IU Football faces, we still could get some storms tonight that will make this game sloppy or cause a short delay if lightning (we are very lucky it is not Baseball as the whole weekend would be washed out by rain). Also no Dorsey tonight hurts but like I said we have 17 starters so Glass, Panchot or Thomas can slide in with only minimal drop off. We are also lucky Muse was not called up and still have him next 2 games. 

VCU is pretty much on Dartmouth's and UConn's level as a solid tourney team but we are better with or without Dorsey. Like UConn as long as we put one in the net we should win but with the forecast and the slop a 0-0 tie or losing on a fluke goal late is possible. Overall I like our chances tonight despite the barriers of no Dorsey and potential rain.    

Glass in for Dorsey.

gk  MUSE,TREY    
d    MEHL,TIMMY    
d    MAHER,JACK    
f     RENNICKS,JUSTIN    
mf  THOMAS,CORY    
mf  PANCHOT,AUSTIN    
mf  MOORE,FRANCESCO    
d     GUTMAN,ANDREW    
mf  GUTJAHR,JEREMIAH  
d     BUCKMASTER,RECE    
mf  GLASS,SPENCER

3 early goals and dominating. After peppering the box all half, first we scored off a cross from inside the box that was chested in. Than Rennicks made his first dominating sick play as a Hoosier taking out 3 defenders between the midfield and VCU attacking third than taking a shot mid box from the right that he got around the goalie into the left netting. Than shortly after Gutman just scored with a rocket from the top of the box. We are still shooting at them and dominating.

It appears VCU's strategy was to park the bus and then once we hot wired said bus and got it moving by scoring VCU looks completely lost.  

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

VCU is expected to be a tourney team right Aaron?

Yes VCU is expected to be in tourney this yr and was last yr. We are just having one of those nights where everything goes right not to mention we are always better than ever other team in the country when we step on the field save for 5 or 10 teams who are even (ND on Tuesday is one). No other teams have 17 legit high level starters (16 tonight) on their roster like IU.

We just marooned and flooded VCU that half much like the rain is going to maroon and flood Indiana as a whole all weekend. We had 4 of these 4 and 5 goal performances last year but 3 of them were against Rutgers, Evansville and Santa Clara who are complete garbage. We had our other one against a solid tourney team in San Francisco but that was more pouring it on late.

This was the first time I can remember we absolutely shellacked a team early that is actually really decent. Weirdly Dorsey being out has helped us as Glass has created most of these goals with crosses into box which is more helpful in less than ideal conditions than Dorsey’s lightning speed. Once Dorsey returns you absolutely re-insert him but I start Glass over Panchot and go with a mid of Moore, Thomas, Dorsey, Glass and Gutjahr with Rennicks up top. While we have depth and you can insert the 17 starters I always mention interchangeably with little difference but tonight has shown Glass’ ability to create goals is something we have really missed. I think this line up when at full strength is most potent (especially if Rennicks can make more plays like he did with our second goal).

Time to have some fun in 2nd half in a game that we are far ahead.    

Nothing to add in 2nd half as teams just went through motions and were fairly disinterested for obvious reasons. Big one Tues in South Bend against an ND team that is on our level. I may drive up to South Bend for the match given it is going to be a beautiful evening and a great match (I'm only just over 2 hrs from ND stadium on north side of Indy). If that's the case I won't post except briefly during halftime and at end from phone.