Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana vs Virginia Game Thread 09/08 7:30PM ET BTN

Someone had to get this conversation started! Virginia rolls into Bloomington for out home opener after rolling over Richmond 42-13. This is another game that we need to win if we hope to go to a bowl game. Virginia's QB, Bryce Perkins, looks to be very mobile after rushing for 108 yds. and 2 TD's against Richmond. Thankfully, our defense has had to practice against these types of qb's all season long so they should have some experience in dealing with them. The weather forecast may not cooperate as its currently looking like a very wet weekend is ahead of us. This means we will likely see a game relying heavily on the running backs. 

ESPN's Football Power Index favors Indiana (62.1% vs 37.9%) and Vegas sees us as a 6.5 pt. favorite. Bill Connelly from SBNation sees it differently though; according to his S&P+ metrics, Virginia should beat Indiana by a score of 29-27.

Weather's looking pretty bad for the game. Definitely a ton of rain, hopefully there isn't any lightning which would delay or even postpone the game.

Worried these conditions may worsen our chances...UVA is more of a run team and their QB is dual threat and not a terrific passer who runs a lot so this will play right into their game unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A ray of sunshine (bad joke I know given the weather forecast) is that I read a week ago that all lanes of traffic are supposed to be open between Martinsville and Bloomington so the drive should be a little better.
They were all open Saturday-Monday for the holiday weekend but have restricted them back down in areas to complete paving/striping. Doesn't look like it will be 100% complete before tomorrow, but they had it open with uneven lanes, so if you're heading south for the game, keep that in mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using BtownBanners mobile app