Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Five-star junior Khristian Lander will attend Louisville’s matchup against Michigan on Tuesday, he told @Stockrisers.  He took an official visit in September.  Lander attended three games last season.

Can’t say I blame him. Should be a heck of a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t think Lander is going to end up at Indiana. Miller needs to spend his time targeting guys that he knows he can land.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not going to dig through the archives, but I’m almost certain you said the exact same thing about Romeo.

I think it’s pretty simple. If we have a good year and make the tournament and return Smith and TJD, then we’re solidly in the picture. If we have a rough year, then we’re out.

Archie pledged to recruit top Indiana players first or "inside out."  He has a pretty good track record that includes a McDonald's All American in each of his recruiting years. His only true swing and miss was Keion Brooks. Archie has to go after Lander. It can't be any longer a shot than Romeo Langford was. You can't just target players you knows you can land. That is a recipe for mediocrity.  

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I think it’s pretty simple. If we have a good year and make the tournament and return Smith and TJD, then we’re solidly in the picture. If we have a rough year, then we’re out.

I'm pretty sure Lander has said as much, hasn't he?  He wants to see things improve on the court ...

1 minute ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Louisville isn’t going through a scandal anymore. Mack is a better recruiter than Archie. It’s pretty simple. I’m a guy that likes Archie too.

The calm before the storm...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2019/09/23/after-kansas-receives-ncaa-notice-of-allegations-louisville-other-schools-expected-to-be-next/

Don't forget the scandal was for the strippers not the most recent one.

33 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I'm pretty sure Lander has said as much, hasn't he?  He wants to see things improve on the court ...

Yes, but I do think our roster will have an impact as we can offer him the chance to be the missing piece on a team poised to make a run at a title with him, TJD, and a high-performing Smith.

5 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Louisville isn’t going through a scandal anymore. Mack is a better recruiter than Archie. It’s pretty simple. I’m a guy that likes Archie too.

You're on record as liking Archie; however, I think your conclusion that Louisville is past their scandal is a combination of NCAA track record and impatience.

That doesn't mean that Louisville, Kansas, and others are over the hump by any stretch.

You're on record as liking Archie; however, I think your conclusion that Louisville is past their scandal is a combination of NCAA track record and impatience.
That doesn't mean that Louisville, Kansas, and others are over the hump by any stretch.

Late summer or early fall of next year we will have a good idea of what Louisville is getting. They were on probation with their coach and AD basically going out with two middle fingers up against the NCAA. This isn’t over by a long shot.

5 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Mack is just allowed to do what it takes. Archie has a hand tied behind his back. 

4 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Late summer or early fall of next year we will have a good idea of what Louisville is getting. They were on probation with their coach and AD basically going out with two middle fingers up against the NCAA. This isn’t over by a long shot.

You are correct sir!

In the Forum Classic, Carmel led by 7 at the half; by 9 at the end of the third and then took total control in the final quarter to defeat Reitz 63-37.   I believe the announcers said Carmel had 4 new starters but they played a very patient and disciplined game helped by hitting 6-14 3s in the first half.  Unofficially, I had  Lander with 18 pts. on 7-14 FG; 2-6 on 3s; 2-2 FT; 5 reb; 2 assts, 3 TO.

Am I crazy that I think Lander is overrated?

Been thinking this for a bit. Didn’t shine over Leal, Galloway in AAU. HS stats always good, never great.

Ducks....exits....

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I don’t think you are crazy for that thought. I do wonder if he has a slight slide since he really hasn’t taken that next step.