Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Evansville Courier & Press -

Lander vs. Love was worth the wait

The final game of the night came with the most hype. There were former NBA players in the gym to watch five-star recruits Caleb Love of Christian Brothers College High (Mo.) and Khristian Lander of Reitz.

For the most part, it was worth it. CBC defeated Reitz 78-72 in a game that saw the Panthers cut a 22-point halftime deficit down to a single possession in the fourth quarter. The stars had their moments, which included a brief exchange of words with each other late in the game.

Love was a dominant force in the first half. The North Carolina commit did most of his damage at the rim, including several thunderous dunks. He finished with a game-high 27 points and 8 of 11 at the foul line.

Lander came alive in the second half, scoring 19 of his 26 points after the break. The junior hit a pair of threes and got to the line (8 for 12), as Reitz kept chipping away at the lead. Owen Dease also impressed with 21 points (13 in the third quarter).

It was too big a climb for the Panthers (4-3), who never got closer than two points. The second half comeback showed the talent is there.

14 minutes ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

End of the 3rd 59-30 Reitz. Lander has 14 pts and 3 turnovers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm assuming you're at the actual game and if so, do you have a feel for his number of assists?  Also, any comment you could make about his game demeanor in particular does he seem like a team player or more "all about me"?  Thanks.

Final 77-46. Lander left the game with 2.40 or so to play. I believe he finished with 17.
If I didn't know who he was, I would have thought he was a nice player, but definitely not one ranked as high as he is. It almost looked as if he was uninterested in the game.

Just now, Geometry Hoosier said:

Final 77-46. Lander left the game with 2.40 or so to play. I believe he finished with 17.
If I didn't know who he was, I would have thought he was a nice player, but definitely not one ranked as high as he is. It almost looked as if he was uninterested in the game.

So he'd fit right in.

1 minute ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

17 points is the number reported by Reitz Athletics who also indicated he needs 13 more points to reach 1,000 for his career.  Thanks for your reports tonight.

I'm assuming you're at the actual game and if so, do you have a feel for his number of assists?  Also, any comment you could make about his game demeanor in particular does he seem like a team player or more "all about me"?  Thanks.

Yeah, I was there. I'm not sure about assists. Like I said above, he seemed uninterested. Maybe he was tired from the game and travel last night. He had some great drives and could have probably done that a lot more, but chose not to. He was 0-3 from 3, and scored his points at the rim. He definitely didn't seem selfish. If anything he probably was a little too unselfish.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lander with 25 pts. and went over the 1,000 career point mark in a 66-52 win over Bedford North Lawrence.

You must be an early riser like me..you beat me to it...to add to what you put...Lander was also 5-9 from deep...Brayton Bailey  had 22pts and 12rebs for the Stars

Lander is averaging over 22 points a game this season from games we have reports. Can’t find anything from the Castle loss. 

According to max preps he started the season with 806 points. If that’s true then Lander would have needed 35 in the castle game to hit 1000 when he did. But I have a hard time believing that 35 would go unreported. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lander is averaging over 22 points a game this season from games we have reports. Can’t find anything from the Castle loss. 

According to max preps he started the season with 806 points. If that’s true then Lander would have needed 35 in the castle game to hit 1000 when he did. But I have a hard time believing that 35 would go unreported. 

Got it at Bedford No Law.  See prior page