Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

I wasn't advocating for the the one and done players at all. I really like the direction CAM is going and how the program is being built. If Lander wants an offer from Duke, then I'm not sure he fits what Indiana is trying to do. I was trying to say that those type of players don't view IU as being on the same level as the perennial top ten programs. And, won't until our on court performance is similar. Personally, I like watching kids develop over three or four years and getting to know them a little bit. I like the continuity that comes from kids playing together over time. As much as I liked Langford, he didn't help at all in terms of building the program in my opinion. I get that CAM had to recruit Romeo, but the timing was all wrong for a player like him. This is the long way around of saying I believe that getting old and staying old is best approach for IU.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

I wasn't advocating for the the one and done players at all. I really like the direction CAM is going and how the program is being built. If Lander wants an offer from Duke, then I'm not sure he fits what Indiana is trying to do. I was trying to say that those type of players don't view IU as being on the same level as the perennial top ten programs. And, won't until our on court performance is similar. Personally, I like watching kids develop over three or four years and getting to know them a little bit. I like the continuity that comes from kids playing together over time. As much as I liked Langford, he didn't help at all in terms of building the program in my opinion. I get that CAM had to recruit Romeo, but the timing was all wrong for a player like him. This is the long way around of saying I believe that getting old and staying old is best approach for IU.

I don't think we get TJD if Romeo would have went elsewhere. Pulling the state's best had to start somewhere.

1 hour ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I don't think we get TJD if Romeo would have went elsewhere. Pulling the state's best had to start somewhere.

You may very well be right. I'm just saying that he didn't really help us as much on the court as maybe a three year recruit might have. I'm happy we got for optics if nothing else. But we were not in a place where he was a difference maker for last years team.

12 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

We don’t have a mechanical engineering program. So there’s that. 

He will only have to worry about that if he thinks he can get a mechanical engineering degree in one year :) 

Supposedly we're waaaaaaay behind Michigan and Louisville right now.
Probably better hope Michigan loses some of its luster, and Louisville undergoes another scandal pretty soon.

Archie’s recruiting hasn’t been that fantastic. In state has been pretty strong but overall class rankings really tell the story.

Kentucky has 6 recruits for 2020. SIX. Four 5 stars and two 4 stars. Only 5 starters. Likely only 8 man rotation yet they continue to flock to UK.

Maybe losing in recruiting will mean winning on the court but that is not how it generally works.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie’s recruiting hasn’t been that fantastic. In state has been pretty strong but overall class rankings really tell the story.

Kentucky has 6 recruits for 2020. SIX. Four 5 stars and two 4 stars. Only 5 starters. Likely only 8 man rotation yet they continue to flock to UK.

Maybe losing in recruiting will mean winning on the court but that is not how it generally works.

They’re going to puke because it’s the only way to make it to the league...