Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Meh. Let’s see how he is as a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we get Lander, but I think the 5 star market is open for business at UM again. Coaching? Eh, we will see but talent can win despite if you have enough of it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we get Lander, but I think the 5 star market is open for business at UM again. Coaching? Eh, we will see but talent can win despite if you have enough of it.

There are only a couple programs able to go that route: UK and Duke. I don’t see Michigan being there ever.

There are only a couple programs able to go that route: UK and Duke. I don’t see Michigan being there ever.

Kansas, UNC, Arizona. UCLA off and on. Lowkey Michigan State. Syracuse of yesteryear. Memphis trying to play it this year. We’ll see on Michigan.

I don’t put it past Ohio State or Michigan when it comes to athletics.

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

IMG_7576.thumb.jpg.1b6138f42b51784033db87a0ef65a0c6.jpg

Anyone happen to catch this?

Edit: I don’t have IG otherwise I’d try to look it up

IG Live recap:

Three schools recruiting him hardest are the three schools he has taken an official to (IU, UL, Michigan). Indiana visit was taken to build relationship with coaches and not necessarily to win him over with campus/facilities as he has been there many times over the years. Talks to coaches about twice a week. Leal and Galloway are on him often about teaming up. Mentioned he is around a lot of people who would like to see him at IU but doesn’t feel the pressure. The Louisville visit was a way to get comfortable with players and coaches. Enjoyed their version of midnight madness and was impressed with Donovan Mitchell being there. Talks to coaches about same as IU and talks to new recruit Jay Scrubb. Played in an open gym with current and future players. Talked about how Michigan visit was cold and rainy but liked the Big House. Just beginning to build a relationship with new staff but grew up liking them so doesn’t need to be won over by the programs history. Would like a Duke offer but that is the only blue blood he wants to begin recruiting him. Don’t remember him mentioning a commitment timetable.

Hopefully covered it all and can give everyone a good idea of where he is at.

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

IMG_7576.thumb.jpg.1b6138f42b51784033db87a0ef65a0c6.jpg

Anyone happen to catch this?

Edit: I don’t have IG otherwise I’d try to look it up

Yeah didn’t say too much. He talked briefly on his 3 official visits so far. Said IU / Louisville / Michigan were the three schools in contact with him the most and that Leal and Galloway talk to him about coming to IU. He was asked if there was one school that he hopes he gets an offer from and he said Duke. No shock there. 

1 minute ago, FCHoosier said:

IG Live recap:

Three schools recruiting him hardest are the three schools he has taken an official to (IU, UL, Michigan). Indiana visit was taken to build relationship with coaches and not necessarily to win him over with campus/facilities as he has been there many times over the years. Talks to coaches about twice a week. Leal and Galloway are on him often about teaming up. Mentioned he is around a lot of people who would like to see him at IU but doesn’t feel the pressure. The Louisville visit was a way to get comfortable with players and coaches. Enjoyed their version of midnight madness and was impressed with Donovan Mitchell being there. Talks to coaches about same as IU and talks to new recruit Jay Scrubb. Played in an open gym with current and future players. Talked about how Michigan visit was cold and rainy but liked the Big House. Just beginning to build a relationship with new staff but grew up liking them so doesn’t need to be won over by the programs history. Would like a Duke offer but that is the only blue blood he wants to begin recruiting him. Don’t remember him mentioning a commitment timetable.

Yup this is spot on. 

7 minutes ago, FCHoosier said:

IG Live recap:

Duke the only blue blood recruiting him. Yikes that hurts but it’s the truth sadly. 

Yeah didn’t say too much. He talked briefly on his 3 official visits so far. Said IU / Louisville / Michigan were the three schools in contact with him the most and that Leal and Galloway talk to him about coming to IU. He was asked if there was one school that he hopes he gets an offer from and he said Duke. No shock there. 

Hope Duke will stay away then!!

The reality is that we will have to start performing on the court like a perennial top ten team before this and future generations of kids start viewing us that way. Currently, our realistic recruiting shopping list rarely includes kids who receive offers from the Dukes, Kentuckys, UNCs, and etc. More often than not, unless the check is really big, kids who can go anywhere they want go where they can realistically have a shot at a national title. Honestly, I can't blame them.

The reality is that we will have to start performing on the court like a perennial top ten team before this and future generations of kids start viewing us that way. Currently, our realistic recruiting shopping list rarely includes kids who receive offers from the Dukes, Kentuckys, UNCs, and etc. More often than not, unless the check is really big, kids who can go anywhere they want go where they can realistically have a shot at a national title. Honestly, I can't blame them.

Sad and true.