Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

33 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Well if Lander gets to 6’3 they can play in the pack line together. Virginia for example played a 5’9 guard and a 6’3 guard together all season long and I think their season turned out all right.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There were 3 guards on that team that played more MPG than Clark and a 4th that averaged a better stat line. I’m not sure you can say Virginia won a championship running a “5’9” guard and a 6’3” guard all season,” when there were 4 guards on the team that were  better than the 5’9” player.

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

No your going off some of the info available to you and ignoring the info that doesn’t fit your narrative which happens to be the most up to date 

Just like you’re ignoring the sources that don’t fit your narrative. The Indystar article is from July. It includes quotes from Lander himself. You can choose to believe the reporter didn’t bother asking Lander about his height if you want to, but I’m not buying it. 

Anyway, I’ve said all I have to say on this topic. Lander will have top programs promising him PT and IU will be offering him an opportunity to split PT. I’m not getting my hopes up.

There were 3 guards on that team that played more MPG than Clark and a 4th that averaged a better stat line. I’m not sure you can say Virginia won a championship running a “5’9” guard and a 6’3” guard all season,” when there were 4 guards on the team that were  better than the 5’9” player.

Hunter was there 4 most of the time. Clark started 20 games and played the 4th most minutes on the team. Clark, Guy, and Jerome played together far more than they didn’t.

Nick Baumgart - 

A Devin Askew announcement likely sometime very SOON. L'ville rumored favorite. If Askew picks Cards, it *could* have ramifications in Khristian Lander's recruitment. Rivals ranks Lander 13th, Askew 9th as top PGs in '21. IU, Michigan and L'ville have upcoming visits scheduled.

40 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lander is in the house.  229 likes on Twitter in 45 minutes.

Khristian Lander @khristianlander

We here Hoosier Nation !

Checked out his twitter for the first time. Great to see that his header photo is a picture of him playing DEFENSE. 

Could the Evansville Reitz product reclassify into the class of 2020?

“That’s the question,” Keith Lander said.  “Nothing will be decided until the first of 2020 unless he kills it this school year. But those were some of the questions we had, school-wise, what classes to take.”

Certainly wouldn’t cry about it but why rush it? Is he a true one and done? I say he isn’t but I’m certain he and his family believe he is. Getting another year of maturation would be good for all parties in my opinion.

Another possibility is he really wants to be in a class with Leal and Galloway as they are close. In that case where he isn’t just trying to rush the process, I’d sign on with a better feeling about it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Certainly wouldn’t cry about it but why rush it? Is he a true one and done? I say he isn’t but I’m certain he and his family believe he is. Getting another year of maturation would be good for all parties in my opinion.

Another possibility is he really wants to be in a class with Leal and Galloway as they are close. In that case where he isn’t just trying to rush the process, I’d sign on with a better feeling about it.

He likely is a one and done if he stays in the 2021 class. If he reclassified to 2020 I’d say that the chances of staying 2 years becomes much more likely.

He likely is a one and done if he stays in the 2021 class. If he reclassified to 2021 I’d say that the chances of staying 2 years becomes much more likely.

This is where I’m at, why wait if he could play behind Rob next season and get his feet wet? I’d be good with it if it meant we had him for 2021-2022 too.

14 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This is where I’m at, why wait if he could play behind Rob next season and get his feet wet? I’d be good with it if it meant we had him for 2021-2022 too.

I still think Archie is selling him on Greens minutes and going to play two PGs 

I’d be happy with a junior Phin and frosh Lander in the backcourt as long as we’re not too small at the 3. I guess after the first guard sub that all changes. A senior Durham and sophomore Franklin will earn minutes too.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/usa-basketball-khristian-lander-recaps-visits-talks-reclassification

Fairly interesting little read. Not really a lot on the schools involved unless you REALLY like parsing words. But he talks reclassification and it certainly sounds like a legitimate consideration.