Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

5 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I am not saying that you cannot play multiple PGs at the same time! But you are going to have a hard sell telling a 5* that he will be sharing mins with 2 others. Geez

They would be starting. Not really the same as sharing minutes it’s kind of the opposite I fact. Geez

21 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Tend to disagree although Love is now no issue. Another highly serviceable PG that wouldn't be leaving after a year, or RP remaining into his senior season creates a log jam at that position unless Lander is recruited as a 1/2. He would have 2 players to sit behind his Freshman year. A player projected as high as Lander would of course welcome competition...but why if he can get alot of playing time elsewhere. We have to look at it thru his eyes, not ours.

I would not pass on a highly serviceable PG right now to maybe get Lander. All the big names will be involved with this recruitment so things could change quickly even if we are the perceived  leader. He will play if he decides to join IU.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:15 PM, MoyeNeeded said:

Once again...look at it thru the eyes of the 'current' highest rated PG in the 2021 class. Would he want to share time with 2 other guys playing the same position? I highly doubt it. Even if there are two on the floor together, someone is losing out on minutes, not including a shooter that could be signed by then. I believe that a senior Al and sophmore Armaan could handle the job for one season.

2 other guys? Lander would get Durham’s minutes right now. Don’t get me wrong, I like watching Durham and appreciate his effort, but he’s not what I would call a particularly good player. The fact that Al would be a senior and would have to compete with a freshman for minutes pretty much says it all.

Lander’s only competition for minutes would be Phinisee, and I have a feeling that’ll be the primary reason we don’t land him. Miller clearly wants height and length on the floor and a lineup featuring Phinisee/Lander is a defensive liability in his system. It’ll be one or the other most of the time and I have a hard time seeing Lander take the lead in that battle.

On 9/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, Alford Bailey said:

I would not pass on a highly serviceable PG right now to maybe get Lander. All the big names will be involved with this recruitment so things could change quickly even if we are the perceived  leader. He will play if he decides to join IU.

I’m with you on this thought. I believe with the transfer portal you get the best players now and continue to recruit the Lander type players for later. Chances are there would be room.

3 hours ago, Demo said:

Lander may or may not end up in Bloomington. But your analysis strikes me as off. Phinisee and Lander would have exactly zero problem playing together defensively, unless you think that Lander is just going to be a disinterested defender. But he’s already a long 6’3”, and apparently still growing, with flat out elite movement skills. Neither he nor Phinisee is defensively system limited in any way. I would foresee a Sr Phinisee/Fr Lander backcourt providing exceptional ball pressure and being highly disruptive creating turnovers and pushing pace. And any moron could scheme them offensively. If he ends up elsewhere, he ends up elsewhere. But system and personnel fit don’t strike me as the slightest issues. 

Phinisee and Lander are both listed at 6’1’’. Very few teams consistently play two short guards together, and they definitely don’t do it in the pack line. There’s a reason Miller is stocking up on 6’5” guards.

10 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Phinisee and Lander are both listed at 6’1’’. Very few teams consistently play two short guards together, and they definitely don’t do it in the pack line. There’s a reason Miller is stocking up on 6’5” guards.

Lander has grown since then. He’s 6’2 or 6’3 and still growing. 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lander has grown since then. He’s 6’2 or 6’3 and still growing. 

If that’s truly the case then I could see them playing together but all of the recruiting sites still have him at 6’1” and an Indystar article from a month ago described him as “stretching to about 6’2.” If he was the 100th ranked player, I could see the information being outdated. Considering he’s the top ranked PG, I have a feeling it’s probably accurate. 

Perimeter defense is the biggest liability of the pack line and I just don’t see Miller playing two short guards when their assignments are the largest concern.

1 minute ago, Bigred3588 said:

If that’s truly the case then I could see them playing together but all of the recruiting sites still have him at 6’1” and an Indystar article from a month ago described him as “stretching to about 6’2.” If he was the 100th ranked player, I could see the information being outdated. Considering he’s the top ranked PG, I have a feeling it’s probably accurate. 

Perimeter defense is the biggest liability of the pack line and I just don’t see Miller playing two short guards when their assignments are the largest concern.

Did you check all of them or just 247?  Sounds like just 247 because rivals has him at 6’2 and some sites since then TDH have reported 6’3. So did you check all them?  Or the ones that agreed with you?

Why do you think Archie is spending so much time and prioritizing him then?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

47 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Did you check all of them or just 247?  Sounds like just 247 because rivals has him at 6’2 and some sites since then TDH have reported 6’3. So did you check all them?  Or the ones that agreed with you?

24/7 and ESPN have him at 6’1” and Rivals has him at 6’2”. The primary newspaper in his home state had him at “about 6’2,” as of a month ago. It’s really neither here nor there because I don’t believe Phinisee and Lander each play 30 minutes a game unless Lander hits a 4 inch growth spurt.

Well if Lander gets to 6’3 they can play in the pack line together. Virginia for example played a 5’9 guard and a 6’3 guard together all season long and I think their season turned out all right.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Bigred3588 said:

24/7 and ESPN have him at 6’1” and Rivals has him at 6’2”. The primary newspaper in his home state had him at “about 6’2,” as of a month ago. It’s really neither here nor there because I don’t believe Phinisee and Lander each play 30 minutes a game unless Lander hits a 4 inch growth spurt.

ESPN is trash for recruiting.  247 hasn’t updated as recently. And frankly the Indystar has been a joke for awhile as well. 

ATM the most up to date info from a decent source is at least 6’2 as a junior. He’s probably going to grow. 

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

ESPN is trash for recruiting.  247 hasn’t updated as recently. And frankly the Indystar has been a joke for awhile as well. 

ATM the most up to date info from a decent source is at least 6’2 as a junior. He’s probably going to grow. 

I hope so, and i’d be thrilled to land him. I’m simply going off the information available to me.

2 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

I hope so, and i’d be thrilled to land him. I’m simply going off the information available to me.

No your going off some of the info available to you and ignoring the info that doesn’t fit your narrative which happens to be the most up to date