Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

2 hours ago, iuswingman said:

There isnt a rule against 2 pgs being on court together

Once again...look at it thru the eyes of the 'current' highest rated PG in the 2021 class. Would he want to share time with 2 other guys playing the same position? I highly doubt it. Even if there are two on the floor together, someone is losing out on minutes, not including a shooter that could be signed by then. I believe that a senior Al and sophmore Armaan could handle the job for one season.

Once again...look at it thru the eyes of the 'current' highest rated PG in the 2021 class. Would he want to share time with 2 other guys playing the same position? I highly doubt it. Even if there are two on the floor together, someone is losing out on minutes, not including a shooter that could be signed by then. I believe that a senior Al and sophmore Armaan could handle the job for one season.

I am sure it can matter to some. Maybe many but then you look at some of these top programs and they don’t have that worry. Sure some are one and done but UK has over recruited about every position and yet they get it done. Duke is similar

Yeah we are t Duke and UK but it shows that you can make a case for duplication and success.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I am sure it can matter to some. Maybe many but then you look at some of these top programs and they don’t have that worry. Sure some are one and done but UK has over recruited about every position and yet they get it done. Duke is similar

Yeah we are t Duke and UK but it shows that you can make a case for duplication and success.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile 

Wings yes...PGs no.

It seems to be the rage right now. Never know anymore.

Not really. Most of the kids that have reclassified are either old for there grade, at a prep school, or have been playing high school basketball since 7th or 8th grade. The chances of a Lander reclass is probably about 0.5%.

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Archie has played multiple PGs in the past. 

Maybe out of necessity. At IU, he's able to recruit a completely different type player. I believe with this class we're starting to see what type of players he wants for his system. Long, athletic, high IQ guys. Agree about having depth at point,  but Archie knows he has the floor general,  who will be an extension of him on the floor. And he's only a sophomore. Everyone wants all these shiny 5☆ pg's,  buy I just don't see any of them able to unseat RP. 

3 minutes ago, jk34 said:

Maybe out of necessity. At IU, he's able to recruit a completely different type player. I believe with this class we're starting to see what type of players he wants for his system. Long, athletic, high IQ guys. Agree about having depth at point,  but Archie knows he has the floor general,  who will be an extension of him on the floor. And he's only a sophomore. Everyone wants all these shiny 5☆ pg's,  buy I just don't see any of them able to unseat RP. 

Pretty sure it was by design. His offense is meant to go fast. You need multiple people capable of pushing the pace off of rebounds and steals if you want to play fast 

49 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Pretty sure it was by design. His offense is meant to go fast. You need multiple people capable of pushing the pace off of rebounds and steals if you want to play fast 

That's where the length comes into play. You can still go fast. Pushing the pace doesn't necessarily mean dribbling the ball on the break. The Duke's and UK's (not to mention, the NBA)of the world seem to do fine with one pg, and a bunch of wings. Guess I'm old school, I want one quarterback running the show. Depth at pg is definitely a must. But that's the case with every top program. Give me shooters!

6 hours ago, jk34 said:

That's where the length comes into play. You can still go fast. Pushing the pace doesn't necessarily mean dribbling the ball on the break. The Duke's and UK's (not to mention, the NBA)of the world seem to do fine with one pg, and a bunch of wings. Guess I'm old school, I want one quarterback running the show. Depth at pg is definitely a must. But that's the case with every top program. Give me shooters!

I mean you kinda hit the nail on the head. Your old school. Archie isn’t 

13 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Only 5 people can play at a time.  Every time you recruit someone, there is potential for another player to lose minutes.

Lander is probably good enough (or feels like he is good enough) that he is probably more worried about there being enough good players around him to win then worried about sitting the bench.

Not really. Most of the kids that have reclassified are either old for there grade, at a prep school, or have been playing high school basketball since 7th or 8th grade. The chances of a Lander reclass is probably about 0.5%.  Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app 

How many reclasses were there in 2009? How many for 2019? The .5% is all I was looking for. I have followed enough to know why they do. But ten years ago it was non-existent. Now it’s a legit question per recruit. But not really huh?  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/usatodayhss.com/2018/college-basketball-reclassifying-trending-up/amp

Garcia has Homecoming that night and will be spending the evening as a high school senior. He will not be visiting any schools that weekend. He will be here sometime just not at HH

Geez, this is some serious deep insight stuff. That’s why I always snap to focus when I see it’s any post you wrote. Who else on this board would’ve known this, except maybe USPS.

Geez, this is some serious deep insight stuff. That’s why I always snap to focus when I see it’s any post you wrote. Who else on this board would’ve known this, except maybe USPS.

Snow mentioned it in his Indiana basketball report yesterday

12 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Archie has played multiple PGs in the past. 

I am not saying that you cannot play multiple PGs at the same time! But you are going to have a hard sell telling a 5* that he will be sharing mins with 2 others. Geez