Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I like Dylan because he doesn’t flip his picks often that I know of. He hears things early and sticks with them. His percentage isn’t the best but that’s why. I know his average days is over 250 days locked in on picks and he is still hitting on 2/3. Not too bad, but we will see on Lander.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh for sure. He heard something that made him pick us. Which is a good sign. 

Hey, I'm happy we got a CB for Lander, but at this stage of the recruiting battle, it's almost like making a kid's top 20 list.  It's a nice feeling, but does it really mean that much.  

For sure. He isn’t a Yogi lock. I think Lander will be a late signee but thats just a feeling. Those types of kids don’t have good enough intel prior to their Junior year. I definitely like who put it out there because he isn’t a guy that goes back and forth. He makes his pick and sticks with it. I really feel we have to start winning this year to have a shot.

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

For sure. He isn’t a Yogi lock. I think Lander will be a late signee but thats just a feeling. Those types of kids don’t have good enough intel prior to their Junior year. I definitely like who put it out there because he isn’t a guy that goes back and forth. He makes his pick and sticks with it. I really feel we have to start winning this year to have a shot.

Not sure he’s said he wants to make a decision about this time next year. 

Maybe just wants to see where the 2020 PGs end up. The luxury of being the best PG in 2021 he doesn’t need to worry about who else can get signed 

Would love to see CAM lock up Lander early. Assure him that we will stop looking for another highly rated PG if he were to commit early. I think we are leading with him at this point but let him know that the search continues unless we get an answer.

30 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Would love to see CAM lock up Lander early. Assure him that we will stop looking for another highly rated PG if he were to commit early. I think we are leading with him at this point but let him know that the search continues unless we get an answer.

Thought he had said something about wanting to see results on the court before. Am I making that up? Can't remember.

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Fingers crossed. I have that nervous enthusiasm, but our roster doesn’t jump off the page. Lots of players need to improve.

Along with a healthy Jerome and avoiding injuries that keep players out for extended periods of time.

The fact that CAM is going after another PG has nothing to do with Lander and likely wouldn’t push Lander away either especially if they could find a way to get Love (never mind Love isn’t happening). That could only help imo.

15 hours ago, ap2345 said:

The fact that CAM is going after another PG has nothing to do with Lander and likely wouldn’t push Lander away either especially if they could find a way to get Love (never mind Love isn’t happening). That could only help imo.

Tend to disagree although Love is now no issue. Another highly serviceable PG that wouldn't be leaving after a year, or RP remaining into his senior season creates a log jam at that position unless Lander is recruited as a 1/2. He would have 2 players to sit behind his Freshman year. A player projected as high as Lander would of course welcome competition...but why if he can get alot of playing time elsewhere. We have to look at it thru his eyes, not ours.