Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Osterman in IndyStar -

HOOVER, Ala. – Indiana has prioritized Khristian Lander in 2021 for as long as it has anyone in the Class of 2021. That only intensified last weekend at the Adidas Gauntlet championship in Alabama.

Playing up a year with Indiana Elite, Lander had IU associate head coach Tom Ostrom courtside for every one of his games at the Hoover Met Complex. By the second day of the evaluation weekend, head coach Archie Miller had joined him, and the pair caught all of Elite’s games into the third day of action.

That strategy served multiple purposes, with 2020 targets Anthony Leal (Bloomington South) and Trey Galloway (Culver Academy) also playing on that team. But Lander, a five-star point guard, probably sits as high up the wish list as anyone, regardless of class, and IU has made sure he knows it.

“They’ve communicate with me about two, three times a week,” Lander said, referring to Miller and Ostrom. “I’m continuing to build my relationship with them.”

Currently 247Sports’ No. 1 prospect in Indiana in his class (No. 18 overall), Lander figures to be one of the state’s most-coveted players when it’s time for him to pick a school.

Louisville, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Ohio State, Purdue and Texas Tech have all offered as well. IU’s coaches weren’t the only ones following Lander last weekend in Alabama. Louisville coach Chris Mack, among others, was a notable attendee at numerous Indiana Elite games.

Like IU, the Cardinals are selling hard to Lander the idea of being their floor general, perhaps from day one.  “I’d be a point guard on their team and be able to run the team,” Lander said of Louisville’s pitch.

Stretching to about 6-2, Lander possesses the required quickness and ball-handling ability to run the point.  He also has a developing 3-point shot that’s as dangerous when he moves off the ball as when he has the ball in his hands. Several times last weekend, he lost defenders in the flow of Indiana Elite’s offense, only to emerge with an open look from behind the arc.

Lander found mixed results in knocking down those shots, an area he’s pinpointed as his next project.  “I feel like I’ve gotten a lot stronger, gotten my handle a lot better,” he said, “and I feel like the thing I need to work on is just getting my shot more consistent.”

Lander is in no hurry in his recruitment.  The Evansville Reitz point guard said he doesn’t have a timeline for narrowing his list, and he wasn’t sweating the crowds of coaches on the sideline. Lander said he will likely take some visits in the fall, but nothing is set.  “Just keeping everybody in mind,” he said. “Just trying to build relationships with coaches and stuff like that.”

I am curious if the coaching change affects this at all

Agreed. He will have a year or even two to see how this plays out. He seems like a kid that is going to go to the place where he has the best chance to play and win. I know that’s overly simple, but from his quotes he doesn’t want to just be sold on somewhere. He wants to see things too. Much like us the next two years can be good or very bad imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, mdn82 said:

Agreed. He will have a year or even two to see how this plays out. He seems like a kid that is going to go to the place where he has the best chance to play and win. I know that’s overly simple, but from his quotes he doesn’t want to just be sold on somewhere. He wants to see things too. Much like us the next two years can be good or very bad imo.

On the upside there is virtually no chance that in these 2 years this new coaching staff will be able to demonstrate an increased ability to win. 

On the upside there is virtually no chance that in these 2 years this new coaching staff will be able to demonstrate an increased ability to win. 

Michigan’s staff? All they have to do is show they can compete in the BT and go to the NCAAs. Tall order for a new coach but they don’t have to be better than Beilin just better than us and perhaps a few others.

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

Michigan’s staff? All they have to do is show they can compete in the BT and go to the NCAAs. Tall order for a new coach but they don’t have to be better than Beilin just better than us and perhaps a few others.

What I was alluding to is that it is unlikely that the coaching change benefits Michigan in this scenario because how good Beilein was

What I was alluding to is that it is unlikely that the coaching change benefits Michigan in this scenario because how good Beilein was

That is how I feel here too. I am not saying we get him for sure, but I think any team in it has a better shot than before.

Good evening session from a pair of Indiana guys.

6’9 southpaw Caleb Furst got to show more face-up versatility, made tough catches & strong finishes in transition.

Khristian Lander was seeing the game very well. Good PnR reads & quick decisions with ball.

Adam Finkelstein

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Big news today.  Caleb Love and his CBC teammates will face Lander and Evansville Reitz in this year's Evansville Bosse Winter Classic.

Wow, I hope that’s streamed. When Love is fully engaged he is a  flat out elite defender. That is a must watch matchup.

We received a crystal ball pick yesterday. For whatever that’s worth

I like Dylan because he doesn’t flip his picks often that I know of. He hears things early and sticks with them. His percentage isn’t the best but that’s why. I know his average days is over 250 days locked in on picks and he is still hitting on 2/3. Not too bad, but we will see on Lander.