Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Is there a younger Nunge playing with Lander in AAU or something?  
Their is a younger Nunge who use to play with Lander when he was with The Pockey City. But they did not play together this year. Nunge might have been with Indiana Elite but not 100 percent on that one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

On 9/3/2018 at 4:57 PM, 323SGrant said:

I don’t understand why so many highly talented basketball players from Indiana now seem to have an interest in Iowa basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Recruiting is most obviously about connections. A lot of times those run deep. Fran coached as an assistant and recruiting coordinator under Phelps at Notre Dame for over 10 years. So he spent 10 years building relationships and connections.

Also, Sherman Dillard, current assistant,  was a head coach at Indiana State.

They can get in the door but....

Is it normal for a recruit in his sophomore year to be taking unofficial visits weekend after weekend? I see he came to IU followed by Kentucky this weekend followed by an unofficial to Iowa? Is this the norm or could he be looking to make a decision earlier like maybe his junior year?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Is it normal for a recruit in his sophomore year to be taking unofficial visits weekend after weekend? I see he came to IU followed by Kentucky this weekend followed by an unofficial to Iowa? Is this the norm or could he be looking to make a decision earlier like maybe his junior year?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Depends on the kid but it’s not abnormal. Most kids of his pedigree are really busy 10 months out of the year.

Heard Lander is a michigan fan. They havent* offered have they? I also heard he was on campus at iu recently? Like maybe earlier today or yesterday

I can second that. Heard that he is a very big Michigan fan and that if they come calling it may be a shoe in for them to get him.

11 hours ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

I can second that. Heard that he is a very big Michigan fan and that if they come calling it may be a shoe in for them to get him.

Every kid is different.  Romeo was a huge duke fan right?  Fandom gets pushed aside once the decision becomes more businesslike.

When Phinisee was first being recruited, he was listed at 5'11" and concerns about his height and could he really dunk were some concerns/questions that were raised.  Lander was listed as 5'11" last December but there's no doubt that he can dunk.

From - 44news.wevv.com/

An underclassman out of Reitz is proving to be one of the best players in the nation.

According to 247sports.com, sophomore Khristian Lander is the top point guard in Indiana for the 2021 class. He also ranks 14th nationwide among high school sophomore point guards.

As a freshman, he averaged 13.7 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.

Lander has received interest from at least 10 Division I programs. Six of those schools have already offered Lander: Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Purdue, and Ohio State.

Lander and Reitz open the regular season at Vincennes Lincoln November 30.