Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Don’t really know what think of it, and maybe my sample size is too small, but Landers’ play really, really seems to have elevated since he committed. He was pretty up and down in  the games of his I watched earlier in the year. Example: in the CBC(Caleb Love) game he was flat out bad in the 1st half and pretty good in the 2nd. Watched a couple of others where his talent far outran his actual play. I know he’s had an ankle, so maybe it’s health related, but since he committed he’s been absolutely killing people. Glad to see it.

4 hours ago, Woodson1980 said:

Western KY $ure has picked up the recruiting.

I saw him when he played for Bowling Green They won the state. He was an eighth grader. Been to a number of schools since then. Might be a problem child.

55 minutes ago, The Baby Bull said:

I saw him when he played for Bowling Green They won the state. He was an eighth grader. Been to a number of schools since then. Might be a problem child.

Love the last name though.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

What happens if they completely shut the school for a period of time?  Would that extend to any e-learning and trying to finish up those 2 classes? 

Would completely depend on how he is doing the credits.  If he were trying to do them online, those opportunities are probably available both now and in the summer.  If it were through a program at the school itself....depends.  At our school we use an online system for credit recovery and courses not given at the school.  For students that are not physically in a supervised classroom, they had to still take the tests while being supervised.  That’s not a state requirement, just a school one.

Although it feels weird to type this (social media is so peculiar), I was bored and scrolling through Instagram when I came across Khristian’s account. On it he referenced his new Tik Tok account. In the preview of it he wrote “next chapter coming too soon” with pictures of him Leal and Galloway in candy stripe pants.

In a state of no news, I guess this is some news. Either way, in my opinion, he’s probably 90% gonna be playing for IU in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I watched several of his games that season for Bowling Green. As an 8th grader he never got sped up and played his game. Was very impressive! I think it is more of who is “advising “ him rather than the kid

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 3/17/2020 at 11:44 PM, HoosierDYT said:

Although it feels weird to type this (social media is so peculiar), I was bored and scrolling through Instagram when I came across Khristian’s account. On it he referenced his new Tik Tok account. In the preview of it he wrote “next chapter coming too soon” with pictures of him Leal and Galloway in candy stripe pants.

In a state of no news, I guess this is some news. Either way, in my opinion, he’s probably 90% gonna be playing for IU in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

someone posted on another board that he said on his account he will most likely reclassify to 2020. Hope so!

Evansville Courier & Press - 

Reitz's Khristian Lander 'most likely will reclassify' and join IU next season

Khristian Lander, a 5-star recruit from Reitz High School, announced on TikTok Thursday that he will "most likely reclassify" to the class of 2020 and join the Indiana Hoosiers' men's basketball team next season.

"Honestly it was the best-case scenario, to go to (college) early instead of a prep school," Keith Lander, Khristian's father, told the Courier & Press. "He had the opportunity to get his classes done and get a head start. At the end of the day it was what he wanted to do anyway."  It would enable Khristian to start working with an IU nutritionist and strength coach ahead of schedule.  "It was something we had discussed and we figured out it was a possibility," Keith said. 

Khristian, a 6-foot-2 junior, was averaging 21 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists for Reitz. The Panthers (17-7) were to play Greenwood (19-6) in the opener of the Class 4A Seymour Regional, scheduled for last Saturday. But the regional was postponed because of the coronavirus.

Lander, who boasts a 3.8 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale, was able to add two extra classes, an English class and Economics class, which would allow him to graduate early. Because of the coronavirus, his father wasn't sure if Khristian would be able to graduate in May or June.

"At the latest it would be a June graduation," Keith said. "Honestly he has his eyes on a bigger prize. He can go to school and do what he planned to do at IU and hopefully go on to bigger and better things."  Keith noted that the McDonald's All-America game, which Khristian would have probably played in, has been canceled.  "It's kind of a relief," Keith said. "It's a relief for him. He wants to move forward."

33 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Evansville Courier & Press - 

Reitz's Khristian Lander 'most likely will reclassify' and join IU next season

Khristian Lander, a 5-star recruit from Reitz High School, announced on TikTok Thursday that he will "most likely reclassify" to the class of 2020 and join the Indiana Hoosiers' men's basketball team next season.

"Honestly it was the best-case scenario, to go to (college) early instead of a prep school," Keith Lander, Khristian's father, told the Courier & Press. "He had the opportunity to get his classes done and get a head start. At the end of the day it was what he wanted to do anyway."  It would enable Khristian to start working with an IU nutritionist and strength coach ahead of schedule.  "It was something we had discussed and we figured out it was a possibility," Keith said. 

Khristian, a 6-foot-2 junior, was averaging 21 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists for Reitz. The Panthers (17-7) were to play Greenwood (19-6) in the opener of the Class 4A Seymour Regional, scheduled for last Saturday. But the regional was postponed because of the coronavirus.

Lander, who boasts a 3.8 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale, was able to add two extra classes, an English class and Economics class, which would allow him to graduate early. Because of the coronavirus, his father wasn't sure if Khristian would be able to graduate in May or June.

"At the latest it would be a June graduation," Keith said. "Honestly he has his eyes on a bigger prize. He can go to school and do what he planned to do at IU and hopefully go on to bigger and better things."  Keith noted that the McDonald's All-America game, which Khristian would have probably played in, has been canceled.  "It's kind of a relief," Keith said. "It's a relief for him. He wants to move forward."

So he WOULD have been eligible for selection and to play in the McD’s AA game this year? I was under the impression that wasn’t the case. 

29 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

So he WOULD have been eligible for selection and to play in the McD’s AA game this year? I was under the impression that wasn’t the case. 

I think they’ve got that wrong. The rosters were announced the end of January. The watchlist was announced mid January, I believe. For Lander to have been eligible for consideration the selectors would have had to have been aware in advance of that.