Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

If my hs senior ends up at the Jacobs School, I’m sending him directly to that course!

If you are terrible at numbers, it’s the best thing ever and actually helps with life skills. I believe for art/music students it’s the most basic thing you could possibly take that’s required.

1 minute ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

If you are terrible at numbers, it’s the best thing ever and actually helps with life skills. I believe for art/music students it’s the most basic thing you could possibly take that’s required.

My kid is pretty decent at math, but could surely use some instruction on “life skills.” :)

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He told News 25 in Evansville that on Tuesday "something happened" and he felt the need to commit. I think that something was he was given the clear to graduate early assuming he passes his classes. I'll say it again, this kid is going to be very good but everyone needs to be careful with expectations in year one. He is going to help for sure. But I don't think he will be All-Big Ten good year one. Also, when he gets on campus is going to determine a lot. June and July are huge months for freshman. 

He told News 25 in Evansville that on Tuesday "something happened" and he felt the need to commit. I think that something was he was given the clear to graduate early assuming he passes his classes. I'll say it again, this kid is going to be very good but everyone needs to be careful with expectations in year one. He is going to help for sure. But I don't think he will be All-Big Ten good year one. Also, when he gets on campus is going to determine a lot. June and July are huge months for freshman. 

I don’t think anyone is expecting a high school senior to be all-Bigten. As good as Trace has been he will be lucky to make 3rd team

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t think anyone is expecting a high school senior to be all-Bigten. As good as Trace has been he will be lucky to make 3rd team

But he can with Freshman of the Year. Vonleh did it as a HS Senior.

I apologize if it was already discussed in this thread and I missed it ...but does anyone else find in interesting that there was zero feel on fursts preferences to this point ( an indication he was taking his time ) and then out of the blue committing  to Purdue less than a week after Lander signs with us ? Lander if I’m not mistaken is switching to Indy heat aau which is fursts team ...I had hoped that switch would put them together this summer and if lander reclassified would put us in a spot to get both and still have a slot available in 2021...anyone hear if these two don’t get along ?

2 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I apologize if it was already discussed in this thread and I missed it ...but does anyone else find in interesting that there was zero feel on fursts preferences to this point ( an indication he was taking his time ) and then out of the blue committing  to Purdue less than a week after Lander signs with us ? Lander if I’m not mistaken is switching to Indy heat aau which is fursts team ...I had hoped that switch would put them together this summer and if lander reclassified would put us in a spot to get both and still have a slot available in 2021...anyone hear if these two don’t get along ?

You like this so much, you posted it in two threads? 

Your shtick is known. You have eyes only for Luke Brown, so you’re throwing shade at the FAR more talented Lander, who has committed to IU. We know you’re not an IU fan. 

There is no concern. Lander, in fact, has already played with Leal and Galloway (also far more talented than Brown), they enjoy playing together so much they’ve brought their talents to Bloomington. Leal and Galloway wanted Lander to play with them. Why would you not focus on that evidence that Lander is, in fact, a good teammate, instead of making this tenuous and speculative argument regarding Furst instead?  It’s because you have an agenda. 

Anyway, thanks for posting outside of the Luke Brown thread. 

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

You like this so much, you posted it in two threads? 

Your shtick is known. You have eyes only for Luke Brown, so you’re throwing shade at the FAR more talented Lander, who has committed to IU. We know you’re not an IU fan. 

There is no concern. Lander, in fact, has already played with Leal and Galloway (also far more talented than Brown), they enjoy playing together so much they’ve brought their talents to Bloomington. Leal and Galloway wanted Lander to play with them. Why would you not focus on that evidence that Lander is, in fact, a good teammate, instead of making this tenuous and speculative argument regarding Furst instead?  It’s because you have an agenda. 

Anyway, thanks for posting outside of the Luke Brown thread. 

Whoa 

1. You’re welcome for posting outside ...I’ve been doing it in a few of them now 

2. ummm yes I posted it in both furst and lander thread hoping someone had local  or inside knowledge

3. you probably didn’t have time to look so I won’t give you a hard time but I actually posted in several threads about being psyched on the lander signing and then contained in the post you quoted I REALLY wanted both and got my hopes up when lander signed since I knew they’d be teammates this summer ( I actually liked Furst more than lander even )

4. Never said thats what I thought could be quite the opposite could be Furst has a problem with him but I don’t know either kid which is why I asked 

5.  If Kaufman signs I don’t think it totally cancels it out but it does make it close to a moot point 

oh ...and go luke brown

Whoa 
1. You’re welcome for posting outside ...I’ve been doing it in a few of them now 

2. ummm yes I posted it in both furst and lander thread hoping someone had local  or inside knowledge
3. you probably didn’t have time to look so I won’t give you a hard time but I actually posted in several threads about being psyched on the lander signing and then contained in the post you quoted I REALLY wanted both and got my hopes up when lander signed since I knew they’d be teammates this summer ( I actually liked Furst more than lander even )
4. Never said thats what I thought could be quite the opposite could be Furst has a problem with him but I don’t know either kid which is why I asked 

5.  If Kaufman signs I don’t think it totally cancels it out but it does make it close to a moot point 

oh ...and go luke brown

I loved Furst as well. Actually more than Lander as well. But I also really like Kaufman. Maybe equal or even slightly more than Furst. I think we get Kaufman. Lander/Kaufman would be a tremendous coup and this is coming from Furst Fanclub chairman.

I project Kaufman jumps up rankings this summer with AAU, etc. Kid is good.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I loved Furst as well. Actually more than Lander as well. But I also really like Kaufman. Maybe equal or even slightly more than Furst. I think we get Kaufman. Lander/Kaufman would be a tremendous coup and this is coming from Furst Fanclub chairman.

I project Kaufman jumps up rankings this summer with AAU, etc. Kid is good.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I can’t disagree ! I certainly will feel much better if lander reclassifies to 2020 and even better than that if we hit Kaufman as well because tjd could be gone by treys freshman year 

36 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lander put on a show in his semifinal game against Evansville Harrison which Reitz won 84-67.  His final stat line reported by the Courier & Press as 32 points 5 rebounds 5 assists.   He was 14 of 16 from the field, perfect (6 of 6) from deep.

It was 61-45 at the end of 3 quarters.  Nick Baumgart reported he had 29 at the end of 3 and in the 3rd Q scored 12 points on 4-of-4 shooting in the 3rd quarter including two 3's.  For the game has 29 pts on 11-12 shooting from the floor (4-of-4 on 3's), 5 rbs, 3 asts through 3 quarters

He had 17 pts. at halftime on 7-of-8 shooting including 3-of-3 on 3's, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 1 turnover. 

I want all the best things for Trayce but if he comes back for his junior year and Lander is who he looks to be we could be a legit FF team with that combo. 

I want all the best things for Trayce but if he comes back for his junior year and Lander is who he looks to be we could be a legit FF team with that combo. 

Throw in a freshman Mohammed...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’d bet the farm Lander will be here next year. Has publicly stated he wants to play with TJD and if he waits another year, he won’t have that chance.