Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

He expects Lander's 3pt% to go up in college because defender have to focus on other players, has he seen IU shoot?

He’s better than any guard we have right now. 

Very true. No doubt.

I want him in 2020 only because of that. But people need to keep expectations in check if he comes in 2020.

He’s not necessarily better than Galloway or Leal right now.

My opinion Leal and Galloway were more primary options in AAU last summer with Lander playing up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Very true. No doubt.

I want him in 2020 only because of that. But people need to keep expectations in check if he comes in 2020.

He’s not necessarily better than Galloway or Leal right now.

My opinion Leal and Galloway were more primary options in AAU last summer with Lander playing up.

Luckily we don’t need him to be a primary option. We just need him to be respectable; something our current guards aren’t the majority of the time.

57 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Also, thinks he’s “not quite ready”

I'd be fine with him coming in '21 instead. Just don't like the idea of rushing kids here because we need them so badly. 

I know it wouldn't help us next season, but next season won't bother me too much if we have a killer class coming in '21. Every year, I hope we'll sign a knockout class that puts us back on the map nationally, and every year, it fails to happen. The class of '21 is just begging IU to knock it out of the park with all this talent in our backyard. Time for Archie Miller to become a recruiter and make it happen. 

I'd be fine with him coming in '21 instead. Just don't like the idea of rushing kids here because we need them so badly. 

I know it wouldn't help us next season, but next season won't bother me too much if we have a killer class coming in '21. Every year, I hope we'll sign a knockout class that puts us back on the map nationally, and every year, it fails to happen. The class of '21 is just begging IU to knock it out of the park with all this talent in our backyard. Time for Archie Miller to become a recruiter and make it happen. 

Same

If he waits till 21, I have major doubts he stays excited about IU unless we start playing more consistently. He would sign in Nov so maybe we look ok at that point in the year but if we have a hard early schedule next year we better not give him cause to reconsider

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If he waits till 21, I have major doubts he stays excited about IU unless we start playing more consistently. He would sign in Nov so maybe we look ok at that point in the year but if we have a hard early schedule next year we better not give him cause to reconsider

Another great point. He wants to play with Leal, Galloway, and TJD. Biggest selling points.

8 hours ago, 8bucks said:

We're a top 25 team without him next year 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You have to look at the rest of the college basketball landscape and the recruiting.

We aren’t top 25 this season. Nothing to project we will be next season besides hope and prayer. Top 45? Sure

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We're top 25. I still want Lander here next year, but we should have a really good year next year. 

35 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I just split about 20 posts that had nothing whatsoever to do with Khristian Lander into the "negativity" thread. 

So ... no one's posts have been hidden or deleted, just relocated.

Fair. Originally my intention was to simply say I think we will be pretty good next year without Lander, but add him... I think we could really see something. I didn't purposely try to deter from KL discussion. 

And I really didn't want to post in that godforsaken thread lol  .... so thanks for that, jerk. :120: (kidding)

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/master-class-top-100-high-school-players-nos-41-60

SIAP but Rivals put together a master class. They took all the players from the '20, '21, '22 classes and ranked them 1-100. Lander is number 60 on the list. Would kinda be an indication where he would fall if he reclassified to 2020. He is right behind Adam Miller (#30 of 2020) who is committed to Illinois. 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/master-class-top-100-high-school-players-nos-41-60
SIAP but Rivals put together a master class. They took all the players from the '20, '21, '22 classes and ranked them 1-100. Lander is number 60 on the list. Would kinda be an indication where he would fall if he reclassified to 2020. He is right behind Adam Miller (#30 of 2020) who is committed to Illinois. 

Yeah, sounds about right. Miller can score the ball. Will replace Ayo very well.