Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

10 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I really hope he decides to stay in high school.  There's no reason to hurry up and grow up.  No need to play in college while his body is still developing as a 17 year old kid.  I get that many people want him "up" now, but the reality is the balance is better if he waits until 2021.   For his own sake, I hope he stays in his own class.

This raises an interesting question/dilemma:  It seems to be a given that we need another quality PG.  If KL opts to stay for his senior season in H. S., are we going to stick with Rob/Al/Armaan or try to bring in a grad transfer for a season?  I'd also guess we won't recruit any more PGs in the near term.

If KL doesn't reclassify, ideally I'd like to see us grab an experienced guard that can shoot the three and be a reliable ball handler.

9 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I'm just not big on "hurry up and grow up."

I tend to fall on this side of the argument more often than not. We live in an age where people want everything and want it now. While IU basketball would no doubt benefit greatly by having Lander next year, I'm not sure he would benefit as much. I would prefer to let him grow and mature at his own pace. My senior year of high school was my most memorable and it had nothing to do with the sports I participated in. Life experiences matter and a real problem for talented athletes today is that the focus on a sport closes the door on other opportunities. I sincerely hope he takes his time, gets advice focused on his best long term interests, and makes the decision that is best for him.

I really hope he decides to stay in high school.  There's no reason to hurry up and grow up.  No need to play in college while his body is still developing as a 17 year old kid.  I get that many people want him "up" now, but the reality is the balance is better if he waits until 2021.   For his own sake, I hope he stays in his own class.

Some kids are ready for it. Noah Vonleh did the same and I don’t think anyone would say he wasn’t ready.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Some kids are ready for it. Noah Vonleh did the same and I don’t think anyone would say he wasn’t ready.

If Lander wants to reclassify, that’s obviously up to him and his family. But Vonleh had the body of a 25 year old man. Lander has the body of a 17 year old kid. 

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Bad example.  This is a kid who hasn't come close to realizing his potential, and when he was at IU, his team vastly under-achieved, but hey....at least he got paid early.  I guess if you're all about the money?

14 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Vonleh was ready for it from a basketball standpoint. Not so sure he was ready for college from a personal maturity standpoint.

1 hour ago, pumpfake said:

This raises an interesting question/dilemma:  It seems to be a given that we need another quality PG.  If KL opts to stay for his senior season in H. S., are we going to stick with Rob/Al/Armaan or try to bring in a grad transfer for a season?  I'd also guess we won't recruit any more PGs in the near term.

If KL doesn't reclassify, ideally I'd like to see us grab an experienced guard that can shoot the three and be a reliable ball handler.

I would say that a transfer will be likely if Lander doesn't come early and most likley it would be a grad transfer but if Al would grad transfer out which has some level of possibility although maybe slim then a transfer with more than 1 year is possible too. 

38 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Evan Boudreaux has the hair of a 55 year old man

That's funny. The first time I saw him play (I think maybe the Butler game), I asked by buddy, "Who's that old dude out there? He looks like he's my age!" I'm 54.

That's funny. The first time I saw him play (I think maybe the Butler game), I asked by buddy, "Who's that old dude out there? He looks like he's my age!" I'm 54.

I actually feel bad for him. That is really early to go bald and while not his fault, pretty embarrassing and a confidence killer

I actually feel bad for him. That is really early to go bald and while not his fault, pretty embarrassing and a confidence killer

Yeah man if that were me I would just shave my head.

Haven’t gone through the entire thread so idk if this has been mentioned yet, but the more I think about this commitment, the more I love it. This gives Archie easy ammo for guys like Mohammed, Patterson, etc. “hey, we just got the best point guard in the country for you to play with.” Having him locked in so early gives us a shot at a great class because of this IMO. 
I like this way better than the drag it out months to years then have a big show about it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk