Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not going to lie. This has me pretty pumped up. Especially as a 2020 option which appears likely to be the case.

I think Kaufman is next for 2021. Love him. Don’t know his timeline but it seems too early. I’m in no hurry.

Curious if Lander is 2020, who else are we looking at?

We are equal on schollies now but I expect 1 or maybe 2 Transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I thought 1 (Anderson comes to mind given his struggles and diminished role)....who might you be thinking about for the other?  (you don't have to name a name if you dont want to).

For the record, I have ZERO inside information - just a speculation that I could see happening.

8 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

I thought 1 (Anderson comes to mind given his struggles and diminished role)....who might you be thinking about for the other?  (you don't have to name a name if you dont want to).

For the record, I have ZERO inside information - just a speculation that I could see happening.

Smith or Durham as a grad transfer. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't know but I sure hope it passes

I agree that I hope it passes...and that IU sets up some sort of role to scout potential transfers in season.  That is a must IMO to be successful at getting those players.

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Smith should graduate in May, Durham with summer classes will graduate

I wouldn't be shocked, but disappointed if either/both of them go to another school. They are both starters and likely will be next year too (at least playing starter minutes.) Not likely either is going to be 'the man' wherever they go. 

Would love to see a starting line-up with 3 seniors (Al, Smith & Brunk)

I would be a bit surprised to see Smith leave.

I would be absolutely shocked to see Al Durham leave. He seems to like being a Hoosier and has improved each year he has been here. He will be a returning captain on a team that will most likely be in contention for a big ten championship. I don't see him giving that up. 

I was thinking it was more likely Smith transfers as a grad transfer but if Lander comes 2020 then I think Durham is more likely. Would be hard for a Senior to probably lose their starting spot after starting years previous

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The thing is I think Durham could benefit from playing with Lander. He’s not very good at running the offense and creating but he has been pretty good at scoring and shooting when off the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

How are you feeling about IU getting an official from Aminu Mohhamed?

I don't know much about him to be honest but I thought I read where he was going to visit sometime this spring. I've reached out to a few people I trust and they all have said they want him more than anyone else. I probably better watch him this summer

I don't know much about him to be honest but I thought I read where he was going to visit sometime this spring. I've reached out to a few people I trust and they all have said they want him more than anyone else. I probably better watch him this summer

the staff wants him more than anyone else? Or just the people you trust do?

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

That’s based on the fact that they have had 3 years to play together on the AAU circuit and have chosen not to play together. This is all off of Snow’s take on the situation. He never said they wouldn’t play together just pointing out they have had plenty of opportunities to do so and haven’t

Brian Snow likes to make up his own news regarding IU recruiting.  In his version of the stories, IU always loses the recruitment.  And then when it is clear the recruit is going to sign with IU, Snow finally flips and announces, never once saying he was wrong about the recruitment all along.  That is why when the rumors come out about a big signing coming our way, when the Brian Snow domino finally falls, you know the recruit is coming to IU without a doubt.  I stopped reading Brian Snow when the Scout board was still alive, and judging from the reports I hear on this board, the same trend has continued for several years since I last sought out a Brian Snow piece.  I get that you need to read it, because you pretty much need to read everything you can about IU lol, and thank you for doing that, and reporting back btw.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I don't know anything about him reclassifying but I like our odds at him becoming a Hoosier

I’ve always thought IU with him. Hopefully that becomes reality. Keep getting these top players from the state. It’s great to see and essential for IU to get back to national prominence