Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

There's another board that says he's almost guaranteed to IU.

Not sure on a reclass still, seems to be against it for now.  Personally I'd like it, even if he doesn't contribute much next season.  His sophomore year he'd be that much better.

I don’t think there are any negatives for a reclass. He wouldn’t be expected to be the number one option and would have time to grow into that role. I’d be thrilled with more options at guard and him learn for a few years before stepping into the starting of role.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don’t think there are any negatives for a reclass. He wouldn’t be expected to be the number one option and would have time to grow into that role. I’d be thrilled with more options at guard and him learn for a few years before stepping into the starting of role.

Can promise you Lander will not take a bench role anywhere he goes. Kid is way too good and he knows it, not a negative at all, just don't think there's any chance. 

Just my belief but I think he is a Louisville lean right now from what I have read, and heard from people who are well versed in the IU recruiting world, although no one has said it explicitly. 

That being said, my eyes are on Zion Harmon, the 5 star PG who is expected to reclassify to 2020 and is announcing his college choice March 24th. The reason for this being, if Harmon commits to Louisville, that only means great things for IU for this recruitment, for obvious reasons. Harmon visited Louisville this previous Saturday and sounds like he enjoyed it and it made an impact with him. Will it be enough? Guess we will see.

20 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Rumor has it Lander is strongly considering a reclass and skipping his senior year. Which until now this was just a possibility. If he does it will be at IU with Leal and Galloway. Still plenty of time for things to change though. IU’s play of late could be a nice boost in the consideration process.

This would be awesome. The program’s trajectory completely changes with a tournament berth and Lander coming a year early

Can promise you Lander will not take a bench role anywhere he goes. Kid is way too good and he knows it, not a negative at all, just don't think there's any chance. 

Just my belief but I think he is a Louisville lean right now from what I have read, and heard from people who are well versed in the IU recruiting world, although no one has said it explicitly. 

That being said, my eyes are on Zion Harmon, the 5 star PG who is expected to reclassify to 2020 and is announcing his college choice March 24th. The reason for this being, if Harmon commits to Louisville, that only means great things for IU for this recruitment, for obvious reasons. Harmon visited Louisville this previous Saturday and sounds like he enjoyed it and it made an impact with him. Will it be enough? Guess we will see.

I would be very leery of a reclass starting pg for my college program. He is most definitely good. How much so is debatable. That’s the one position I don’t know if you step in and are given the keys to 30+in that scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I would be very leery of a reclass starting pg for my college program. He is most definitely good. How much so is debatable. That’s the one position I don’t know if you step in and are given the keys to 30+in that scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think he would be our SG his first year.  Hopefully Rob rights his ship. 

10 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Rob is a mediocre point guard. Lander may not start but he is more talented, will play a lot of point guard and would be more important to IU's success if he would come to IU.

Rob has played poorly but has clearly shown the ability to be a good to great point guard. If he puts it together a reclassed player probably won’t start over him.  

4 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Rob is a mediocre point guard. Lander may not start but he is more talented, will play a lot of point guard and would be more important to IU's success if he would come to IU.

Rob is a sophomore and projected as, and still is, a 4 year player. He has shown flashes. I think he takes another step as a junior and will be a top 3 or 4 PG in the conference next year. Cowan, Winston, and Simpson all graduate. Carr, Phinisee, Frazier, Carton will be the top of the PG listing in the Big Ten next year. 

Archie has tried to recruit over Rob Phinisee several times--Darius Garland, TJ Carton, and now Khristian Lander. There is a reason. Rob is a solid back-up guard but not good enough to lead Indiana into title contention. In other words, he is no Yogi Ferrell. If Indiana gets Lander he will end up get more playing time than Rob before the season is over.

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Archie has tried to recruit over Rob Phinisee several times--Darius Garland, TJ Carton, and now Khristian Lander. There is a reason. Rob is a solid back-up guard but not good enough to lead Indiana into title contention. In other words, he is no Yogi Ferrell. If Indiana gets Lander he will end up get more playing time than Rob before the season is over.

Phinisee has been pretty disappointing this year, but let's not kid ourselves he's shown flashes of being a solid starter at this level.

He's not Ferrell, no, but Ferrell is Indiana's all time assists leader too; Lander or Garland or whoever you name probably won't be that either.

5 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Darius was a one and done which would have left us with Rob this year. And Still not convinced that DJ Carton wouldn’t have started instead of Al. 

26 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Darius was a one and done which would have left us with Rob this year. And Still not convinced that DJ Carton wouldn’t have started instead of Al. 

And had we landed Carton, look where we'd be entering the home stretch of the season.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And had we landed Carton, look where we'd be entering the home stretch of the season.

Idk it all depends why he’s struggling with mental health issues.  Who know maybe here he wouldn’t have for whatever reason