Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Corey Evans  on the top '21 candidates to potentially re-class.  IU targets Lander and Whitt both on his list.  

LANDER

Arguably the quickest player in the game, there is no question Lander’s speed will translate to the next level. The question is when that next step will be taken. Talk surrounding him possibly reclassifying picked up earlier this winter and could further in the coming weeks but the percentages remain in Lander sticking with his original class.

There still is a chance that he makes the move into the 2020 class with his top three potential landing spots being Indiana, Louisville and Michigan. Lander took official visits to all three programs in the fall and while Indiana had garnered most of the talk at one point, Louisville might sit in the best spot right now.

WHITT

On the fence on reclassifying, the indecisiveness hasn’t stopped Whitt from investigating his various college options in recent weeks. The four-star junior has been one of the more productive Tar Heel State ballplayers in recent memory, which is why NC State invested so much into his early recruitment.

The Wolfpack remain heavily involved, but his commitment will not come easy. Whitt took an official visit to Boston College in the fall and, just last week, visited both Indiana and Nebraska. He will head to Virginia Tech this weekend and could check out Ohio State before the season wraps up. Marquette, Notre Dame and Wake Forest are also involved. Whitt won’t make a reclassification decision until the spring, at the earliest, and a college commitment should be expected around the same time.

Wouldn’t happen in a million years, the kid’s too talented, but if I were advising him I would suggest at least considering the possibility of Lander reclassifying/redshirting. I’m not sure he’s ready physically for the Big Ten but another year of HS doesn’t make a ton of sense, developmentally. A year in a college weight room and practicing at that level of intensity and he’d be ready to absolutely kill guys from game 1. But, yeah, no chance.

In OT, Reitz beaten by Jeffersonville  70-69.

At one time, Lander and Reitz vs. Jeffersonville (Will Lovings-Watts and Tre Coleman) was a much anticipated game.   But Lander took a 3 from the right corner, landed on foot of Jeff's Jacob Jones, reaggravating an ankle sprain.  Left game with 4:17 to play in 1Q and did not return. And for those that haven't heard, Will Lovings-Watts left the Jeffersonville team about 2 weeks ago and has reportedly enrolled in Clarksville HS.  That left the star power to Coleman who battled foul trouble but still finished with 23 pts. 

More from Corey Evans on Lander's recruitment and a question regarding the possibility of re-class to '20.

Yes, it definitely remains a possibility. 

Khristian Lander  has already taken official visits to Indiana, Louisville and Michigan, the three suitors for his commitment. Memphis is heavily involved, too. Despite the visits, he is still is likelier to remain in his original 2021 class.

That could all change this summer but Lander is set on playing this summer on the Nike EYBL circuit. Each program recruiting him would be more than fine taking him in the 2020 class, though Memphis has less of a need compared to all others. Don’t be surprised if his suitors push further for his enrollment in the fall. Louisville may sit ahead of all others with the top-20 junior.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

More from Corey Evans on Lander's recruitment and a question regarding the possibility of re-class to '20.

Yes, it definitely remains a possibility. 

Khristian Lander  has already taken official visits to Indiana, Louisville and Michigan, the three suitors for his commitment. Memphis is heavily involved, too. Despite the visits, he is still is likelier to remain in his original 2021 class.

That could all change this summer but Lander is set on playing this summer on the Nike EYBL circuit. Each program recruiting him would be more than fine taking him in the 2020 class, though Memphis has less of a need compared to all others. Don’t be surprised if his suitors push further for his enrollment in the fall. Louisville may sit ahead of all others with the top-20 junior.

I can't see anyone wanting to go to IU right now. I don't blame the kid at all if he goes to Louisville. It's just as close to Evansville. 

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

At what point in the summer do you have to declare for 2020? Seems this needs planned out ahead of time.

just before the fall semester i assume. Race didnt reclassify until july when he committed

4 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

At what point in the summer do you have to declare for 2020? Seems this needs planned out ahead of time.

Why would he want to play AAU ball if he intended to re-class?  Were it me, I'd want to be on campus as soon as possible to start summer workouts and weight training.  And from my memory, I don't think AAU ball was even an option for Race that summer because he'd been injured.  But please don't hold me to that.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Why would he want to play AAU ball if he intended to re-class?  Were it me, I'd want to be on campus as soon as possible to start summer workouts and weight training.  And from my memory, I don't think AAU ball was even an option for Race that summer because he'd been injured.  But please don't hold me to that.

I know Race was injured that summer but not the entire time. I thought I remembered him playing with Matthew Hurt and those guys before he committed.