Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I looked back on this thread once videos of Lander started being posted; Waynefleek and others posted that they’re just not seeing Lander as elite. I posted that Lander’s two teammates, Galloway and Leal, look incredible..turns out Gallo and Leal looked incredible compared to Lander. 

Scouted the kid. Watched probably 12-15 films of his Hs career in entirety, as well as, watched him 20 or so times live. 

Elite, 5 star recruit was never an opinion coaches shared of him. 

Remember this is the same area of the state/the same teams that played-- Romeo 4 years prior and TKR+Jacobi at the same time as Lander. 

Idk it just wasn't ever there for Lander. 

Just now, DChoosier said:

Me too.

You can eat up the recruiting service opinions all you want, free world, I get it.. the information seems good. I feel like I could train a monkey to do their job, though. 

Just now, btownqb said:

You can eat up the recruiting service opinions all you want, free world, I get it.. the information seems good. I feel like I could train a monkey to do their job, though. 

How did you leap to the conclusion that I eat up their opinions? That’s quite a simplified leap.

If you could train a monkey to do it you should train yourself and make the cash $$$$

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

How did you leap to the conclusion that I eat up their opinions? That’s quite a simplified leap.

If you could train a monkey to do it you should train yourself and make the cash $$$$

Should have gotten into the industry when I was in college. Sigh

3 hours ago, DChoosier said:

The sad thing about Lander was coming out a year early. He was steered wrong by more than one person.

I don't see how that hurt him. It didn't waste any eligibility and he got to college a year early. Hell probably have a master's degree by the time he's done which is good because he's probably not going to be making money playing basketball. 

16 hours ago, DChoosier said:

The sad thing about Lander was coming out a year early. He was steered wrong by more than one person.

There is no reason to believe Lander would have been a better college player had he stayed in high school one more year. Another year in high school may have been more personally rewarding than riding the bench at IU. Obviously, he was misled by some people who should have known better. Possibly his ranking may have dropped some had he stayed in high school giving him a more realistic idea of what he could do in college. In any event, athletes make poor choices about their schools all the time and they move on.

37 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

There is no reason to believe Lander would have been a better college player had he stayed in high school one more year. Another year in high school may have been more personally rewarding than riding the bench at IU. Obviously, he was misled by some people who should have known better. Possibly his ranking may have dropped some had he stayed in high school giving him a more realistic idea of what he could do in college. In any event, athletes make poor choices about their schools all the time and they move on.

I wasn’t implying that Lander would have been a meaningfully better college player if he stayed in HS but I think a senior year of HS would have been more enjoyable than riding the pine at IU, reading social media posts in regards to being a bust, “hearing about it” from friends, students and family, etc etc. 
Your right about athletes making poor choices about their schools all the time but nearly all of them completed their senior year of HS. Lander had no business leaving HS early.

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

I wasn’t implying that Lander would have been a meaningfully better college player if he stayed in HS but I think a senior year of HS would have been more enjoyable than riding the pine at IU, reading social media posts in regards to being a bust, “hearing about it” from friends, students and family, etc etc. 
Your right about athletes making poor choices about their schools all the time but nearly all of them completed their senior year of HS. Lander had no business leaving HS early.

It starts in the household.