Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PG Khristian Lander to Western Kentucky U.

Feel for you guys I battled a sinus infection for over a month it sucked. Feel like I’m getting sick again now as well because having trouble sleeping. Kid has started being afraid of monsters specifically a bear in her closet. So keep having to be dad and check the closet. 

I obviously have only seen highlights and the scouting reports on Lander. For those of you who know more about his game, how do you see him and Phinisee sharing the court together? I assume there will be times we run both of them out there and it isn't strictly a starter vs. backup rotation. Sorry if already discussed

Although, they both will make each other so much better in practice. Big time for this program. 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

I obviously have only seen highlights and the scouting reports on Lander. For those of you who know more about his game, how do you see him and Phinisee sharing the court together? I assume there will be times we run both of them out there and it isn't strictly a starter vs. backup rotation. Sorry if already discussed

Although, they both will make each other so much better in practice. Big time for this program. 

Lander is a great finisher and super fast.  Imagine if he gets the ball after a miss/steal he will push it and try to get to the rim. Which will let Rob trail for a 3 since he struggles to get his own shot. 

Don’t know how Lander is shooting it. He was shoot 37% percent as a sophomore. But he’s an elite scorer. No more 8 minute droughts. We will give him the ball and say stop the bleeding. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lander is a great finisher and super fast.  Imagine if he gets the ball after a miss/steal he will push it and try to get to the rim. Which will let Rob trail for a 3 since he struggles to get his own shot. 

Don’t know how Lander is shooting it. He was shoot 37% percent as a sophomore. But he’s an elite scorer. No more 8 minute droughts. We will give him the ball and say stop the bleeding. 

He looks to have a good stroke, especially for a lefty. He also looks to move well without the ball which will help play off of Rob. 

But again that is all based off highlights lol so I was just wanting some more in depth scouting. Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was asked to keep this quiet but I will say there is more coming. I mean who doesn't want to play with the #1 PG. The offense runs best when you have two guards who can handle the ball. Rob & Lander will be great together. Love this commit especially if he can get in the class of 20 but this is just a start. Stay Tuned!!!

Is this more coming already floating around as a rumor. 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was asked to keep this quiet but I will say there is more coming. I mean who doesn't want to play with the #1 PG. The offense runs best when you have two guards who can handle the ball. Rob & Lander will be great together. Love this commit especially if he can get in the class of 20 but this is just a start. Stay Tuned!!!

So you mean it's probably not a good idea to fire Archie just yet? lol 

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

More coming in 2020 or 2021?  If you can say..?

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

So, would it be too much to ask Old Fart, mdn82, and Reconmkd to stay sick?  Superstitiously, it's been a pretty good week.....  JK, hope you all feel better!

Well, if my son is any indication on how long this will last, it is likely to linger about 4 weeks!

I have limited info on Khristian as Reitz doesn't report stats to MaxPreps and I've found only spradic coverage of his games in the Evansville newspaper.  For 14 games, I have him averaging 22.1 ppg.  Last year's AAU numbers:

Gms Pts. FGM 3PM FTM Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
15 11.9 50% 38% 76% 5 3 2 1 0