Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) C/PF - Kadin Shedrick to Virginia

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It got to that at the end. Prior to that we were 4th in spending as of 2013. Part of the reason our recruiting expenses went way up and others stayed still (still not close to combined as 3 schools spent over $400k) was donors stopped loaning their planes. Other B1G schools have their own private planes. We do not. I hate to add fuel to the Gradman fire, but this is one area being a football school comes in handy. But they get first dibs. That isn’t to say our HC doesn’t get to borrow a private plane here and there, but we don’t own one. Or at least we hadn’t last I knew.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I find it interesting the loaner planes stopped after the sweet 16 debacle. The donors figured it out way before our AD did. I also find it humorous how some posters are so uptight over this recruiting cycle. Three regimes later I couldn’t be less worried. If not inside then outside lol. I like this recruit though.

I find it interesting the loaner planes stopped after the sweet 16 debacle. The donors figured it out way before our AD did. I also find it humorous how some posters are so uptight over this recruiting cycle. Three regimes later I couldn’t be less worried. If not inside then outside lol. I like this recruit though.

Agreed! I think Archie and Crean have an eye for talent. I think Archie has a big leg up on knowing what he actually wants in a player and a class.

This one might give a clearer picture. It’s has the years leading up to 2013. Don’t have to scroll too far to find Indiana. First article I found after the search.

http://db.desmoinesregister.com/college-basketball-recruiting

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, I agree with that.

We aren’t going for Stewart AND TJD though are we? I figured we were likely to get TJD so I figured Stewart conversation was dead or dying.

Don't figure. It's possible. I think we would want and take both but do they want to play together