Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) C/PF - Kadin Shedrick to Virginia

Let's have some fun.  Let's assume he committed tomorrow -- who's the odd man out among our current targets?   And does anyone else think he could be a red shirt possibility if he came to IU?

Fills the spot of Nnaji.

IU still targets Brooks, TJD, and a guard imo. Probably/possibly won’t get Brooks and TJD so if we get 1 of them then Shadrick fills a spot.

I’d be VERY happy with TJD, Brooks, and Shadrick.

But with the way recruiting works, I’m not really expecting Brooks and TJD although they seem very likely.

I’m not sure how much I like the guards we are left recruiting. Franklin, Bouknight, Newman. All would be solid additions though, without a doubt.

Staff acts like they are taking 4 but that is only if I consider Brooks and TJD to IU. Otherwise it can become 3 very easily.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know some find the recruiting game interesting, but for me it's exhausting. I'm ready to focus for a while on the team we have and see how they develop. Speculation about what high school kids will do seems a waste of time.

7 minutes ago, schoosier said:

I like he’s from Tobacco Road and has good size. Indiana recruits wherever we want. Inside out in NC, CA, MN, NE. Arch has to love that recruiting budget as large as the rest of B1G combined.

I would love to see the numbers here. Do we have the highest budget in the B1G?

I like he’s from Tobacco Road and has good size. Indiana recruits wherever we want. Inside out in NC, CA, MN, NE. Arch has to love that recruiting budget as large as the rest of B1G combined.

Name me an Indiana kid that fits this mold or Nnaji? I understand your point and generally agree but if the staff is looking for a floor running, capable shooting big, there isn’t one in Indiana.

Yes TJD is a stud and we are recruiting him. He also isn’t 6’10.

39 minutes ago, schoosier said:

TJD, Brooks and Newman are I’m sure welcome to commit now if they want. 

18 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Our recruiting budget under Crean was north of 750k yearly; if I remember correctly. The combined rest of the B1G spent less. Someone can fact check me of course.

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Name me an Indiana kid that fits this mold or Nnaji? I understand your point and generally agree but if the staff is looking for a floor running, capable shooting big, there isn’t one in Indiana.

Yes TJD is a stud and we are recruiting him. He also isn’t 6’10.

I can’t you must have missed the important part that I like this recruit. Just like Forrester who I Liked. Obliviously this is the outside part.

Our recruiting budget under Crean was north of 750k yearly; if I remember correctly. The combined rest of the B1G spent less. Someone can fact check me of course.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2015/07/17/indiana-university-basketball-team-news-coaches-recruiting-expenses-tom-crean/30291627/

It got to that at the end. Prior to that we were 4th in spending as of 2013. Part of the reason our recruiting expenses went way up and others stayed still (still not close to combined as 3 schools spent over $400k) was donors stopped loaning their planes. Other B1G schools have their own private planes. We do not. I hate to add fuel to the Gradman fire, but this is one area being a football school comes in handy. But they get first dibs. That isn’t to say our HC doesn’t get to borrow a private plane here and there, but we don’t own one. Or at least we hadn’t last I knew.

Edit: I know most saw that $750k number and think they are comparing apples to apples with all of the numbers. Every athletic department gets creative with their budget and has to list their expenses accordingly. I would be willing to bet my house that $750k is lowballing as well. The only money that isn’t changing is capital expenses. Simple expense reports are fluffed in both directions for a myriad of reasons.

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It got to that at the end. Prior to that we were 4th in spending as of 2013. Part of the reason our recruiting expenses went way up and others stayed still (still not close to combined as 3 schools spent over $400k) was donors stopped loaning their planes. Other B1G schools have their own private planes. We do not. I hate to add fuel to the Gradman fire, but this is one area being a football school comes in handy. But they get first dibs. That isn’t to say our HC doesn’t get to borrow a private plane here and there, but we don’t own one. Or at least we hadn’t last I knew.

I find it interesting the loaner planes stopped after the sweet 16 debacle. The donors figured it out way before our AD did. I also find it humorous how some posters are so uptight over this recruiting cycle. Three regimes later I couldn’t be less worried. If not inside then outside lol. I like this recruit though.

I find it interesting the loaner planes stopped after the sweet 16 debacle. The donors figured it out way before our AD did. I also find it humorous how some posters are so uptight over this recruiting cycle. Three regimes later I couldn’t be less worried. If not inside then outside lol. I like this recruit though.

Agreed! I think Archie and Crean have an eye for talent. I think Archie has a big leg up on knowing what he actually wants in a player and a class.

This one might give a clearer picture. It’s has the years leading up to 2013. Don’t have to scroll too far to find Indiana. First article I found after the search.

http://db.desmoinesregister.com/college-basketball-recruiting