Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) C/PF - Kadin Shedrick to Virginia

Hmm. With 3 maybe 4 schollies available you start wondering if our staff is getting impatient with some primary targets.

Not dismissing this kid at all, I don't know anything about him but the timing is interesting. Sounds like we are looking at 4 to me.

Anthony Harris and Bouknight seem unlikely at this point. TJD and Brooks are hopefuls and probably even leading.

I love and hate recruiting. But mostly love it lately.

Time for me to research a new player.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Watched a recent 30 second clip on YouTube. Haha. Looks fluid for his length. 1 year ago footage shows him shooting lots of 3's. Hard not to think Clifton Moore with the 2 clips I watched.

247 guys say look for him to make a significant jump in the ranking when the new ones come out

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Watched a recent 30 second clip on YouTube. Haha. Looks fluid for his length. 1 year ago footage shows him shooting lots of 3's. Hard not to think Clifton Moore with the 2 clips I watched.

I don't mean for this to come of negative if it did. I was laughing at myself for judging him off 90 seconds of video. He actually looked good. I'm confident he jumps up as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Last night I couldn't find any AAU stats other than for 4 games.  This morning I stumbled across this 

Kadin Shedrick

Game MP FG 3P FT REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
vs. EG10 9 4-4 0-0 0-0 1 0 0 1 0 1 8
vs. D1 Minnesota 23 3-7 0-2 1-1 5 2 0 0 0 0 7
vs. Team Knight 24 4-5 0-0 0-0 6 0 0 1 0 1 8
vs. Team Lillard 15 1-3 0-0 0-1 6 0 1 0 1 2 2
vs. ITPS WIldcats 19 0-2 0-1 1-2 1 0 0 0 0 1 1
vs. D1 Minnesota 28 2-5 0-1 0-0 8 2 0 0 2 3 4
vs. EG10 9 4-4 0-0 0-0 1 0 0 1 0 1 8
vs. D1 Minnesota 23 3-7 0-2 1-1 5 2 0 0 0 0 7
vs. Team Knight 24 4-5 0-0 0-0 6 0 0 1 0 1 8
vs. Team Lillard 15 1-3 0-0 0-1 6 0 1 0 1 2 2
vs. ITPS WIldcats 19 0-2 0-1 1-2 1 0 0 0 0 1 1
Total 264 30-57 0-9 4-8 62 10 2 4 8 19 64
3P% STL/G REB/G REB% PTS/G PF/32 FT% FG% EFG% BLK/G BLK% AST/G
0 0.2 4.8 15 4.9 2.3 50 52.6 52.6 0.3 1.6 0.8

Not a knock on this kid at all,but it seems like we have seen this movie before. Start with offers to five stars and then an increasing broader number of offers to fours and rising three star players. Hope we can get a commitment soon. Wish we could return to the days when players leaped at an offer.

Not a knock on this kid at all,but it seems like we have seen this movie before. Start with offers to five stars and then an increasing broader number of offers to fours and rising three star players. Hope we can get a commitment soon. Wish we could return to the days when players leaped at an offer.

this is true.  time will tell though still.  Seems like TJD is likely or very likely and Brooks may be slightly less likely but a strong possibility. 

But yeah, it has that sort of feeling to it.  Carton seemed like our lead guard target by a longshot.  not sure who we really love as a guard that's left.  Im not convinced we love Franklin.  We probably like Tre Mann but he is likely going to UNC.  Ramsey is a stud, but we don't seem to really have a chance.  Anthony Harris seemed like a good option but we are virtually shutout there.  Bouknight is similar and he is more of an up and comer than a bona fide star. 

Recruiting isn't easy.  I think Brooks and TJD (or Stewart, Hurt, Watford)  save any class though no matter who comes with them. 

There havent been very many recruits leaping at an offer with any school. There haven't been too many commitments in the top 100. It is starting to pick up now that all the evaluation periods are over. That's just the way it is with this class. Last year was different. Next year could be different. I'm not worried until our top choices actually pick another school. However, I do find comfort that Archie's back up plans are 4 stars unlike his predecessor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nick Baumgart - 

2019 6-10 Kadin Shedrick (Holly Springs, NC) avg'd 16.2ppg, 9.8rpg, 2.3bpg, 1.1apg, (3TOpg)...117-198 2FGs (59%), 3-7 3FGs (43%), 113-165 FTs (68%)....  High school team 13-15 last year (but 3-22 two yrs ago).  Offers from Xavier, Illini, Minny, Wisky, NW, Rutgers, Creighton, Wake, G'town, Baylor..

10 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I'd be beside myself if this guy commits. This is a Northwestern type of recruit.

He's been described as an "elite student" in articles on 247, so you got that part right.