Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. ––– It was an exciting Sunday for Indiana Field Hockey as the team climbed back from a 2-1 deficit in the third period to win the game, 3-2, on Sunday in their home opener.

Following the win, the Hoosiers' record now stands at 4-5 on the season.

KEY MOMENTS
• Graduate forward Sarah Charley found the back of the cage in the 11th minute to put Indiana in front 1-0.
• James Madison scored two goals within two minutes at the 35th and 36th-minute marks in the third period to go up 2-1 after trailing nearly the entire game to that point.
• Junior midfielder Meredith Lee tied the game up at 2-2 with a goal shortly after the start of the fourth period in the 48th minute. The penalty corner helped facilitate Lee's goal with assists being credited to Sarah Charley and Sydney Keld.
• Indiana drew a penalty corner with 50 seconds left in the game, the play panned out with senior Meghan Dillon tapping in the game-winning goal as Indiana gained a 3-2 lead in the final seconds. Sarah Charley and Sydney Keld also assisted on the play.

NOTABLES
• Charley's goal was her fourth of the year.
• Charley and Keld each notched two assists in the game.
• Indiana took 15 shots with 10 of them being on goal.
• The Hoosiers led James Madison in penalty corners with a 7-0 advantage.
• Lee's goal was the first of her career.
• Dillon's goal was her second of the season.

Although they're 5-8, this team has really improved and battled some very tough opponents!

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. ––– Indiana Field Hockey fell in a tight battle on a late goal to No. 5 Louisville, 1-0, on Tuesday at Deborah Tobias Field.

After the loss, Indiana falls to 5-8 on the year.

KEY MOMENTS
• Indiana's defense played at a high-level all game, holding the game to 0-0 through the first three quarters.
• Louisville drew back-to-back penalty corners in the 40th minute, Indiana junior goalkeeper Arabella Loveridge made saves on both plays to keep the game scoreless.
• Louisville's Julie Kouijzer scored the game's lone goal in the 54th minute off a penalty corner.
• Indiana drew a penalty corner in the 56th minute. Graduate student Sarah Charley got a good look and fired a shot on goal, but it was saved.

NOTABLES
• Loveridge made six saves in the game.
• Five different Hoosiers recorded a shot.
• Three of Indiana's five shots were on goal.

UP NEXT
• IU will be back in action Friday, Oct. 13 when they take on No. 3 Iowa at Deborah Tobias Field.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. –––– It's a quick turnaround of a weekend for Indiana Field Hockey, after just playing on Tuesday against No. 5 Louisville. On Friday, Oct. 13, Indiana will play No. 6 Iowa at Deborah Tobias Field. Then, on Oct. 15, Indiana will make the short trip to Muncie, Ind. to play at Ball State.

LIVE STATS

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't typically look for news about IU field hockey.  I leave that up to @mamasa our field hockey beat writer!  lol

But I did see this today and seems noteworthy.

image.png

Cignetti, good news. 7-1 IU basketball, yay.  But this? This is exciting!!! Lol. I think that my wife will kill me if I start following another sport recruiting!